Q&A With Iowa Commit: Cole Baker
February 20, 2015
By Rob Allison
Prep Baseball Report Iowa
PBR: Why did you choose the school you did?
BAKER: I chose the University of Iowa because of the coaching staff. They really did a good job of selling me the idea of being a part of the team that turns the Iowa program around. They also make sure to make you feel like you are the main focus for them and that was really neat.
PBR: What other schools were you considering?
BAKER: Creighton and Eastern Illinois.
PBR: Where did they first see you? How did your relationship develop with the coaching staff?
BAKER: They first saw me at the University of Iowa when our fall team played there. We talked about the program and how they wanted me to be a part of the team that turned it around and that really caught my attention.
PBR: What role do you expect to play your first year on campus?
BAKER: I hope to be a starting pitcher my freshman year but I will accept whatever role they assign me and I will do my best to help the team out any way I can.
PBR: Who has had the biggest impact on you as a baseball player?
BAKER: My dad has had the biggest influence on me.
PBR: What have you worked on/ improved since last year?
BAKER: I’m working on perfecting my changeup and also getting my upper and lower body to work together to reduce arm problems in the future. I am also working on strengthening my arm to throw harder.
PBR: Who is the toughest player that you have faced in Iowa?
BAKER: Grant Judkins; he’s an all-around good player he can do it all.
PBR: What are your thoughts on the recruiting process? Any advice for future players in your position.
BAKER: I would say make sure that you truly love the school that you are going to. If you don't love it that could lead to a long 4 years. Make sure they are not trying to pressure you into your commitment. I felt Iowa did a good job of that for me. I felt no pressure and after talking to them I knew Iowa was the one.
- IA Q&A With North Iowa Area CC Commit: Zack Hamilton2.19.15
- PBRPlus 2015 Draft Blog2.19.15
- PBRPlus The Hotlist: Recent Junior Standouts2.18.15
- IA Missouri Valley Preview: Instant Analysis2.18.15
- PBRPlus Recruiting Essentials Mailbag: Verbal And Written Offers2.17.15
- PBRPlus PBR Mailbag: How Is 6-foot-2 A Good Height?2.16.15
- IA In Case You Missed It: The Week In Review2.15.15
- PBRPlus The Buzz: Cal Coughlin (IL) Chooses Texas Christian2.13.15
- PBRPlus Luke Shilling (MI) Opens Eyes With Easy Heat2.12.15
- PBRPlus Digging In: TCU Continues Lake County (IL) Pipeline2.12.15
- IA Q&A With Iowa Central CC Commit: Matt Cox2.12.15
- PBRPlus The Hotlist: Unsigned Seniors2.11.15