2020 Uncommitted Spotlight: C Kenneth Jimenez
September 26, 2019
1/27/19 Uncommitted 5’ 7 170-pound compact frame. Jimenez is physical with everything he does. 95 MPH exit velo and 80 MPH from the crouch. Leg lift to load into back side to create everything he can out of his frame, showing pull side pop. His height plays to his advantage behind the plate, simple and quick actions are behind his 1.96 pop time with accuracy and good carry
10/14/18 - 5-foot-7, 110-pound frame. Strong compact body. Type of player you like more every time you see him and this was no different as he was clearly the top defensive catcher at the event and took one of the day's louder rounds of BP. Jimenez turned in pop times from 1.90-2.02 with 80 mph velo from the crouch and showed terrific footwork as he effectively gains ground towards 2B. Throws remain on-line with premium carry. It's a bigger swing for an undersized prospect and he could benefit from quieting the lower half in game action, but there's certainly some juice in the bat as he turned in an event best 94 mph exit velo.
6/27/18 - 5-foot-7, 170-pound frame. Compact build, sturdy lower half. Jimenez was the only 2020 prospect at the event and appears to have found his best position behind the plate. Jimenez has surprising juice (90 mph exit velocity) given his frame and turned in a best pop time of 2.01 seconds with 78 mph velocity from the crouch. Jimenez also ran significantly better than we've seen previously with a 7.07 60-yard dash. There are areas of his game that need to be refined, but he should be able to do so with relative ease. Intriguing follow as he continues to focus on catching.
1/28/18 - 5-foot-7, 175-pound frame with thick lower half and plenty of natural strength. stood out offensively, posting a 91mph exit velo with a big leg kick and some bat speed. There's far more pop in his bat than his stocky frame would initially suggest. Turned in 7.37 60-yard dash. The key for Jimenez moving forward will be finding his best position defensively. Would be very interested to see him behind the plate as his tools and body may fit well there. Shows some arm strength, posting 78 and 84 mph infield and outfield velocities respectively. Also pitching sitting 78-80, T81 with his fastball and mixed in 68-71 mph curveball with tight rotation and 11-5 shape. Could definitely see him getting outs at the highs school level but projects better as a position player.
- Weekend Standouts: Sat. Sept 25 - Sep 28, 2021
- Arizona Scout Blog: Kick-off - Mar 10, 2020
- 2020 Uncommitted Spotlight: C Kenneth Jimenez - Sep 26, 2019
- Preseason All State Games Details - Jan 25, 2019
- Fall Prospect Showcase: Top Overall Prospects - Dec 15, 2018
- Fall Prospect Showcase: Catching Analysis - Dec 12, 2018
- Fall Prospect Showcase: Statistical Analysis (2020-2022 Grads) - Oct 19, 2018
- Fall Prospect Showcase: Quick Hits (Part I) - Oct 16, 2018
- 2019 Top Prospect Games: Catching Analysis - Aug 29, 2018
- Arizona Roster Announced For PBR Future Games - Jul 16, 2018
- 2019 Top Prospect Games: Quick Hits - Jul 2, 2018
- Preseason All-State Games: 2020 Top Overall Prospects - May 3, 2018
- Preseason All-State Games: Outfield Analysis - Apr 12, 2018
- Arizona Class of 2020 Updated/Expanded Rankings - Feb 20, 2018
- Preseason All-State Games: 2020 Quick Hits - Feb 5, 2018
- Preseason All-State Games: Statistical Analysis - Feb 1, 2018