Most Viewed Profiles of 2021: No. 3 Andrew Painter
December 29, 2021
With 2021 coming to a close, we continue our yearly tradition of highlighting the Top 10 most viewed PBR Profiles in the state of Florida. Each year, millions of PBR Profiles are viewed around the country by coaches, scouts, players, parents, and baseball fans. Over 354,000 profiles were viewed in just Florida alone in 2021. We will continue today by counting down the Top 10 most viewed profiles in the state. This data was collected through Google Analytics.
Continuing at No. 3 with 2021 RHP Andrew Painter. Painter was the 13th overall selection in the first round of the 2021 MLB Draft by the Philadelphia Phillies. Painter attended Calvary Christian Academy in Fort Lauderdale, FL and was committed to the University of Florida. Andrew ranked No. 1 in the final PBR Florida Class of 2021 Rankings. In 2021, Andrew received 2,796 views on his PBR Profile.
No. 3 Andrew Painter
Painter is currently the top righty in the country, flirting with the high 90s, flashing a sharp slider and looking like a big league starter with his 6-foot-7, 230-pound frame.
Looking like he’s just placing the ball in the mitt with a mid-90s fastball, Painter’s effortless velocity and polished delivery are sure to be attractive to scouts looking toward 2021, and are a big reason why he is the top prospect in Florida heading into the summer. At 6-foot-6, 210 pounds, the Florida recruit still shows signs of adding strength in the future, and the idea that he may be posting upper-90s fastballs in the spring of 2021 seems more likely than not. Driving the pitch downhill to the bottom of the zone, it is a higher spin offering with potentially the best command in the class. Wise beyond his years, Painter crafts a plan for each hitter, and utilizes advanced feel for a changeup that profiles well with the fastball to keep hitters off balance. The breaking ball is thrown for strikes with some depth, and while it is more of an average pitch now, Painter’s ability to process and make changes should allow for quick progressions down the line. Looking the part, Painter screams starter makeup, and should he show a greater propensity for swings and misses on the breaking ball throughout the summer, he could quickly become the top right-hander in the class.
Florida recruit. Looks the part of a future frontline starter as he already stands 6-foot-4, 195-pounds with durable strength throughout a long-limbed, athletic frame. Routinely repeats a polished delivery releasing out of a high ¾ slot and creating a downward plane. Fastball sat 85-87, touching 88 mph on multiple occasions with minimal effort. Ball jumps on hitters and appears to pick up velocity through the zone. Breaking ball exhibited tighter spin with some multi-tier break at a softer, 67-69. Showcases the ability to move his fastball in and out while understanding how to set up hitters. Elite arm in the 2021 class.
A Florida recruit, Painter pitched the third-place game for Calvary Christian and lost a no-hitter in the seventh inning, but finished the complete game with seven strikeouts and two walks. He started out at 85-87 mph with his fastball from an easy delivery and mixed in a mid-60s curveball with 12/6 shape and depth, as well as a fading changeup at 76.
Committed to the University of Florida.
- Most Viewed Profiles of 2021: No. 3 Andrew Painter - Dec 29, 2021
- 2021 PBR FL High School All-State Teams - Jul 2, 2021
- 2021 Overall Rankings Updated - Mar 18, 2021
- Litsch's Lookback: Week 4 - Mar 17, 2021
- Florida 2021 Rankings Update - Mar 17, 2021
- Florida Preseason Classic: Day 5 Recap - Feb 13, 2021
- 2021 Florida Preseason Classic: Friday Highlights - Feb 13, 2021
- 2021 Power25 Countdown: No. 2 Calvary Christian Academy - Feb 4, 2021
- Most Viewed Profiles of 2020: No. 5 Andy Painter - Jan 12, 2021
- 2021 SEC Recruiting Classes - Dec 17, 2020
- Florida 2021 Rankings Update - Nov 30, 2020
- Florida 2021 Rankings Update - Aug 28, 2020
- 2021 Overall Rankings Updated - Aug 26, 2020
- Florida Class of 2021 Rankings Update - Mar 26, 2020
- The Case For No. 1 - Mar 23, 2020
- Power25 Countdown: No 14 Calvary Christian Academy - Feb 11, 2020
- Updated 2021 Overall Rankings - Dec 12, 2019
- Updated 2021 Overall Rankings Release - Jul 25, 2019
- Class of 2021 Rankings Update - Jul 22, 2019
- Flanagan Takes Down No 3 Calvary Christian 8-7 in 8 Innings - Feb 26, 2019
- Preseason Power25 Countdown: No 3 Calvary Christian Ft Lauderdale - Feb 7, 2019
- Updated and Expanded FL Class of 2021 Rankings - Dec 28, 2018
- Updated and Expanded Florida Class of 2021 Rankings Released - Sep 24, 2018
- Day 2: Florida Limited Series - Jun 3, 2018
- Impact Freshmen - May 2, 2018
- Boras Classic South/NHSI Standouts - Apr 11, 2018
- NHSI: Day 4 Notebook - Apr 1, 2018