PBR IA Uncommitted Spotlight: '21 Caden Kipper, OF/3B, Pleasant Valley
May 21, 2020
PBR Iowa strives to be the most comprehensive source of player information across the state. The Prep Baseball Report is the No. 1 resource for high school baseball in each state we cover through our variety of events, boots-on-the-ground scouting staff, daily coverage, and multimedia platforms. Our multimedia platforms and events work in tandem, ultimately creating the most powerful source of high school baseball promotion in each state. While other organizations take a national approach, our goal is to become the authoritative voice on the ground level of each state.
Interested in attending a PBR Iowa event? Check out our schedule by Clicking Here.
Interested in subscribing to Prep Baseball Report? Click Here.
Positional Profile: OF
Body: 6-0, 190-pounds.
Hit: LHH. Open stance, strides to square with slight body load, slight arm bar at times creating slashy swing plane, harder line drive and flyball contact to pull side of field with present strength.
Power: 87 mph exit velocity from the tee.
Arm: RH. OF - 80 mph.
Defense: Left-field actions, accurate playable arm, avg. use of momentum, long release on throws.
Run: 6.92 runner in the 60.
6-foot, 185-pound left-handed hitting third baseman. 4.69 home to first time. Balanced in box, easier load, consistent line drive swing, shows strength in barrel, has ability to drive ball to both gaps, 78 mph exit velocity. Higher fielding position, sure hands, athletic in field with avg. fielding actions, quick release on throws, solid accuracy to bag, 79 mph arm strength across infield.
6-foot, 185-pound left-handed hitting utility player. 6.96 runner. Athletic with present strength, square stance, drives through contact well with lower half, shows pop in bat to pull side of field, also has ability to drive ball oppo, consistently squares baseball, 86 mph exit velocity. Tends to field on side in outfield, light on his feet, works through ball, sure hands in field, follows throws, shows solid accuracy and carry to target, 81 mph arm strength from infield and outfield.
6-foot, 180-pound left-handed hitting third baseman. 7.07 runner. Square balanced stance, body load, looks athletic in box, occasionally punches through baseball to swing, has projectable pop in bat with present strength, slashy swing plane, 86 mph exit velocity. Sure hands in field, flashes of quickness to field, above avg. athlete, profiles as utility infielder with enough speed to cover outfield as well, 79 mph arm across infield.
7/30/18- 5-foot-11, 170-pound left-handed hitting shortstop. Compact athletic frame, quick twitch, with present strength. 4.37 H-1B time. Open stance, knee to knee trigger, line drive path, shows solid pop in bat to opposite field, 86 mph exit velocity. Avg. hands and feet in field, short release, makes routine plays, 74 mph arm across infield. Above avg. athlete with running ability, bat will play at next level, big motor in games, projects more as a possible college outfielder.
9/24/17- 5-foot-11, 170-pound, athletically built, wiry, left-handed hitting infielder. Ran a 7.21 laser-timed 60. Offensively, balanced setup, short stride. Stays short to the ball, works on top with a line-drive approach. 87 mph exit velocity from a tee. Defensively, arm works short and over-the-top, throws clocked at 71 mph across the diamond.
- PBR IA Uncommitted Spotlight: '21 Caden Kipper, OF, Pleasant Valley - Nov 3, 2020
- PBR IA Uncommitted Spotlight: '21 Caden Kipper, OF/3B, Pleasant Valley - May 21, 2020
- PBR IA Preseason All-State: Outfielder Evaluations - Mar 31, 2020
- PBR IA Preseason All-State: Overall Instant Analysis - Mar 10, 2020
- PBR IA Underclass Prospect Games: Infielder Evaluations - Aug 28, 2019
- PBR IA Prospect ID- Quad Cities: Top Performers - May 17, 2019
- PBR IA Prospect ID- Quad Cities: Infielder Evaluations - May 15, 2019
- PBR IA Prospect ID- Quad Cities: Outfielder Evaluations - May 14, 2019
- PBR IA Prospect ID- Quad Cities: Instant Analysis - Apr 29, 2019
- PBR IA Preseason All-State: Top Prospects- 2021 Grads - Apr 5, 2019
- PBR IA Preseason All-State: Infielder Evaluations - Apr 2, 2019
- PBR IA Scout Day- QC Sticks: Instant Analysis - Aug 24, 2018
- PBR Iowa Limited Series Scout Blog- 2020 & 2021 Grads - Aug 21, 2018
- IA Underclass Prospect Games: Instant Analysis - Jul 31, 2018
- Quad Cities Open: Position Player Analysis - Oct 19, 2017
- Quad Cities Open: Statistical Analysis - Sep 26, 2017