Uncommitted Senior Spotlight: SS Bryce Robinette
September 21, 2023
As we wrap up the summer of 2023, we now continue our coverage of the talent we've seen so far this year in Colorado with 'Uncommitted Spotlights' of the top prospects still on the board in the senior class. While there's already over 30 prospects in the class committed to programs already, there remains a slew of high-end talent still available.
These spotlights help paint a picture of the prospect with the help of our TrackMan, Blast Motion, Swift Performance and Vizual Edge systems, that provides objective data that teams use to identify and break down players they believe will fit into their system.
Today, we continue our Top Uncommitted Senior Spotlights with a look at 2024 SS Bryce Robinette of Ponderosa HS. Robinette comes with a top exit-velocity of 98.1 mph and clean actions in the infield. Strong and athletic frame that is actively developing.
COLORADO UNCOMMITTED SPOTLIGHT: 2024 SS Bryce Robinette
Positional Profile: 2B/SS High follow for grade, strong player with high athleticism and feel.
Body: 5-10, 175-pounds. Athletic build, wide shoulders.
Hits: RHH. Upright, feet wide, slightly open, hands at shoulder, bat angle 45 degrees, light bat wiggle. Load with hands and backside, small leg kick and stride, active and connected top/lower half, short to the baseball, in and out of the zone at times.
Power: 98 max exit velocity, averaged 89.6 MPH. 364' max distance. Powerful swing with quality launch angles.
Arm: RH. INF-80 mph.Medium arm swing out of a 3/4 arm slot.
Defense: Prep step, low base, fields the ball out front, funnels to hip, keeps an open hip towards target, fluid release.
Vizual Edge: 79.86 Edge Score
Positional Profile: 2B/SS
Body: 5-10, 160-pounds. Compact frame, square shoulders with room to add strength.
Hits: RHH. Wide base, even and balanced, hands shoulder high, low leg lift begins the swing. Uphill path, with average bat speed.
Power: 93 max exit velocity, averaged 83.4 MPH. 271' max distance. Flashed pull power.
Arm: RH. INF-80 mph .Moderate arm stroke coming through a high-3/4 slot, with ability to throw from multiple slots.
Defense: Deliberate footwork, could play through the baseball more, fields ball in the middle with funnel action, hands works.
Run: 7.40 runner in the 60.
Vizual Edge: 79.89 Edge Score
- Uncommitted Senior Spotlight: SS Bryce Robinette - Sep 21, 2023
- 2023 CHSAA Season Preview: Ponderosa HS - Mar 5, 2023
- Colorado Preseason All-State: Vizual Edge Leaderboard - Mar 3, 2023
- Colorado's Most Viewed Profiles of February - Mar 2, 2023
- Colorado Preseason All-State: TrackMan Hitting Leaderboard - Feb 28, 2023
- Denver Preseason ID: Vizual Edge Leaderboard - Feb 25, 2023
- Denver Preseason ID: TrackMan Hitting Files - Feb 23, 2023
- Denver Preseason ID - Quick Hits - Feb 22, 2023
- Denver Preseason ID: Statistical Analysis - Feb 22, 2023
- CO 2024 Colorado Commitment Board 12/01/23
- CO Colorado Signing Day: Division I Mid-Major Outlook 11/30/23
- CO Colorado Signing Day: Division I Power 5 Outlook 11/29/23
- CO Colorado 2025 Class Rankings: Fall Update 11/29/23
- CO Colorado Fall ID: Pitching Data Dive 11/16/23
- CO Colorado 2024 Class Rankings: Fall Update 11/15/23
- CO Colorado Fall ID: Positional Data Dive 11/15/23
- CO Colorado Fall ID: Statistical Analysis 11/14/23