2018 PBR Future Games Team Florida Spotlight: 2020 LHP Luke Baker
July 24, 2018
From August 1-4th, the Prep Baseball Report Future Games will take place at Grand Park, a state-of-the-art 22-field baseball complex located in Westfield, IN, just north of Indianapolis. This one-of-a-kind event will feature the best uncommitted Class of 2020/2021 prospects from our 35-plus state coverage area.
The Prep Baseball Report Future Games is the premier summer scouting event for Class of 2020/2021 prospects. Last year, more than 250 college coaches from all over the country were in attendance, making it arguably the most heavily recruited event of the summer.
Leading up to the event, we will highlight each team member of Team Florida through a full breakdown. Today we take a look at 2020 LHP Luke Baker of Buchholz HS, FL:
06/03/18- Uncommitted. Long and lanky at 6-foot-5, 185-pounds with long arms and legs. Despite his long-limbs, Baker was easily able to repeat a compact, polished delivery. His clean arm delivers out of high ¾ slot and created a downward plane with the fastball at 82-85. Showcasing feel for three pitches, Baker also featured confidence in his changeup at 74-75 with fading action as well as a breaking ball at 66-68. Exhibiting little effort overall, Baker likely has more velocity on the way as he fills out.
01/27/18- Uncommitted. Currently stands at 6-foot-5, 182 pounds on a tall, lanky frame with lots of projection. Smooth, easy actions on mound. Long and loose limbs. Fastball mostly sat in the 79-82 mph range along with a 68-70 mph curveball that displayed 1/7 shape with big sweeping break, flashing late action. Has the chance to be an above average curveball. Mixed in a changeup at 69-72 mph. Looks for big jumps in the coming years as he continues to mature and fill out his frame.
01/21/17- The 6-foot-3, 175-pound left handed pitcher has a lanky frame, with a high waist. Showed a loose, athletic body with a clean, long, loose low ¾ arm action. Fastball ranged from 77-80 mph with very little effort. Can be somewhat short in the backside, causing some deception. The curveball ranged from 64-68 mph with a quality shape and will continue to improve with added strength. Overall, there is big time projection, the arm works well and will make big jumps as he continues to throw and add strength.
11/12/16- The 6-foot-3 175-pounder, he has the frame that scouts look for in a pitcher. Will continue to get stronger and may not be done growing yet. Has a very easy pitching motion, fastball ranges from 77-80 mph. A jump in velocity likely to happen soon. Showcased a feel for the zone with fastball, off speed was a little erratic. Curveball sat 65-66 with small 1-7 break, backed up at times. Changeup 68-69 mph has the makings of a good pitch when thrown with better arm speed. High ceiling lefty
- PBR Success Stories: 2020 LHP Luke Baker - Apr 27, 2020
- PDQ Player of the Week: Luke Baker - Mar 12, 2019
- FL Preseason All-State: 2nd Team All-State - Feb 15, 2019
- FL Preseason All-State: Pitcher Analysis - Feb 13, 2019
- FL Preseason All-State Spotlight: Luke Baker - Dec 8, 2018
- Top 20 Player Profiles of 2018: No. 19 Luke Baker - Dec 6, 2018
- Q&A: 2020 LHP Luke Baker - Oct 31, 2018
- 2018 Future Games: Team Florida Pitcher Only Breakdown - Aug 20, 2018
- 2018 Future Games: Team Florida Game 1 & 2 Quick Hits - Aug 3, 2018
- Future Games Cheat Sheet - Jul 26, 2018
- 2018 PBR Future Games Team Florida Spotlight: 2020 LHP Luke Baker - Jul 24, 2018
- Top Pitchers Coming To Future Games - Jul 18, 2018
- FL Limited Series: 25 Uncommitted Standouts - Jul 12, 2018
- 2018 PBR FL Underclass Games: Top 20 Standouts - Jul 11, 2018
- 2018 PBR FL Underclass Games: Pitcher Breakdown - Jul 10, 2018
- 2018 PBR FL Underclass Games Quick Hits - Jun 28, 2018
- 2018 Florida Underclass Games: Statistical Breakdown - Jun 25, 2018
- 2018 Florida Underclass Games Spotlight: 2020 LHP Luke Baker - Jun 13, 2018
- Day 3: Florida Limited Series - Jun 6, 2018
- FL Preseason All-State Pitcher Breakdown - Feb 12, 2018
- Preseason All State Spotlight 2020 LHP Luke Baker - Jan 19, 2018
- Preseason All State: Pitcher-Only Breakdown - Feb 8, 2017
- Preseason All-State Event Preview - Jan 19, 2017
- Preseason All-State Preview: Luke Baker - Dec 13, 2016
- North Florida Open Breakdown - Nov 17, 2016