2022 Organizational Spotlight: Demand Command
February 17, 2022
The beginning of 2022 meant it was time for the Prep Baseball Report Scout Days to come into full action and that was the case once again this year.
Organizations throughout Ohio have been on display for nearly two months now as players not only hope to gain more exposure in their quest to be seen by college coaches, but also get a glimpse at their numbers to see what kind of progress has been made in the offseason.
Members of organizations in the state, from head coaches to director of player development, have been contacted and given the opportunity to provide a view of what stood out at their PBR Scout Days.
Over the next few weeks, PBR will publish a report on each of the Scout Days that have been submitted from organizations across Ohio.
2022 Organizational Spotlight: Demand Command
Dave Wagner talks with us about the organization.
1) How do you feel the showcase went?
Wagner: This was our second PBR Scout Day and we really like the timing of the event as it gives our guys the opportunity to put a stake in the ground as our winter workouts are ending and the high school season starts. This year we really felt the depth that is building in our organization showed, which is a testament to the guys who've really bought into improving their strength and explosiveness. There was lots of noticeable improvement in physicality and performance from our 2021 event.
2) Who are some of the prospects that stood out to you and any performances worth mentioning?
Wagner: From a pitching standpoint, we had several guys show the current stuff/projectability that has gotten all of them offers/follows from college coaches at high levels.
- 2022 LHP Seth Witt continues to get better and better. He could actually be a 2023 by age, so we expect more gains very soon.
- 2023 Jake Dukate has the ideal frame for the next level and again showed his high-velo potential.
- 2023 Jared Hoersten is an athletic guy with a fast arm and will be one to follow as he fills out his frame.
- 2023 Jase Kennedy is working into form after an injury and has definite high velo potential.
- CJ Boudreaux is a 2024 who shows smooth movements with improving velo … high ceiling guy for sure.
- 2025 Braylon Schneider is another guy to watch with a next level frame and good velo right now. He's pitched as much as two years up for us and has performed well against older competition.
On the positional side:
- Our 2023 catchers, Caleb Click and Brendan Hazuda, both showed well … lots to like with both.
- Matt Gast has a 6-2/190 frame that looks the part of a collegiate OF with a sub-7 time in the 60 and 97 mph EV … translates in game as he's been a consistent BA /XBH guy for us.
- Drake Seckinger and Al Sutton are two 2024s that showed well and are versatile guys who are a little under the radar for now. Seckinger was top five in both EV and 60-time in this event.
- 2024 C Henry Robie continued to show the size and physicality that coaches look for at the next level.
- 2025 Donovan Mattimore showed definite projectability for a young player.
3) In looking at summer, touch on some highlights that are ahead and what you expect.
Wagner: As always, we use our summer schedule to put our guys into consistently challenging situations. We talk about actively seeking failure as the first step in the developmental process and this summer will be no exception. We have teams playing in national championship-type events all over the midwest and down into the deep south.
4) Are you registered for any PBR tournaments and, if so, which ones and what are your thoughts on them?
Wagner: PBR tournaments will be a big part of our summer schedules again in 2022. We are registered in more than 20 events in Ohio and Michigan. The PBR team in NWO/SEM has done a great job in a short period of time attracting solid teams from Ohio, Michigan and beyond ... deep events that will provide challenges for all teams entered. We will also be participating in the first Lourdes Classic which will be a round robin style with some top teams that PBR will cover.
- OH Scott Excited About Brotherhood Ahead At Maine 11/28/23
- OH Knupp Finds A Lot To Like About Eastern Michigan 11/28/23
- OH Decision To Focus On Pitching Proves Beneficial For Milligan 11/28/23
- OH Sudbrook Thrilled To Join His Brother At Toledo 11/28/23
- OH Hagen Excited About ‘Unique Experience’ Ahead At West Virginia’ 11/20/23
- OH Results From 2023 Ohio Unsigned Senior Showcase (Charity Event) 11/20/23
- OH Tarnowski Ready To Make An Impact At Central Michigan 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 1 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 2 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 3 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23