Domke Ready To Provide Strong Work Ethic To College Program
January 25, 2022
Interested in attending a PBR Ohio event? Check out our schedule by clicking here.
Domke Ready To Provide Strong Work Ethic To College Program
NORTH ROYALTON - Chris Domke has a family connection with baseball, including attending Indians games growing up and playing wiffleball in the backyard. The North Royalton junior is attempting to keep that attachment to the game for as long as he can with college baseball in his future.
“With my summer team I focused on building velocity while continuing to focus on high-strike percentage,” the North Royalton junior noted. “I’m also working to be more athletic so I can move better. I’m stretching a lot and trying to understand how it all works.”
Jordan Chiero, PBR Ohio Director of Scouting, sees a lot of promise in the 6-3 180-pounder.
“We have Domke as a high-priority guy to see this spring as I’m assuming college guys do as well,” Chiero said. “He offers a rare combo of upside and pitchability. Physically at 6-3, he’s a basketball/baseball guy with a mid-80s fastball and feel for spin. He’s a low-risk, high-reward prospect.”
Expected to form a one-two punch on the mound at North Royalton with Alabama commit Gavin Jones, Domke has been in conversations thus far with a number of Mid-American Conference coaches.
“I visited Ohio University and plan to visit BG, Toledo and Akron the next few months,” the 17th-rated 2023 right-handed pitcher in the state noted. “Ohio’s been following me for awhile so right now I’m closest to them since I visited there.
“They all like my velocity,” added Domke, who hit 87 on the radar in the fall. “They also like how I work on the mound. That’s been my main focus.”
The desire to play at the next level has been there for some time.
“Ever since I started playing my dream has been to play college baseball,” Domke reflected. “Since I found out you can go to school and play baseball, that’s been my thing and I want to realize it.”
Hard work began five or six years ago according to the now 17-year-old.
“When I was playing 11U, I was ahead of everyone,” Domke related. “It was around 11U or 12U that I really started working harder. I was told then if I kept working hard that my dream could come true. It’s been my main thing my whole life.”
Recruitment is on the rise according to the third-rated uncommitted 2023 pitcher in Ohio.
“The process has been pretty good recently,” Domke explained. “The most difficult thing is finally getting offers. Schools want it to be perfect. You need to show you can get improvement with something right away.
“I’ve been getting more exposure with my T3 program,” Domke continued. “Coach Adrian (Abrahamowicz) does a good job at recruiting and sending out videos to schools. The PBR events I’ve gone to, the Scout Days and also the Top Prospect Games over summer and the Ohio State Games, have also helped. I like their events. They do a good job with numbers and I also like how they put ratings out.”
A 4.2 student leaning toward a major in business or finance, the number six uncommitted junior in the state has an idea of what he is looking for in a college.
“I’d like more of a bigger school, all my siblings have gone to bigger schools,” Domke pointed out. “I’d also like a school that’s more established. I want to go to a school I can stay at and not possibly fold and then have to worry about transferring.
“I want a school that focuses on development,” Domke added. “That’s one of the main things, how a school develops pitchers instead of just throwing them out there to win.”
Domke has no doubt in his mind that he can be right for a Division I program.
“My work ethic stands out,” Domke said. “I’m always in the gym doing something baseball wise. I go to T3 to work on mechanics three days a week. If I’m not working to try and get stronger I’m working on something else. I’m 110 percent sure I will outwork anyone.”
As for what lies ahead, Domke has some thoughts.
“I’d be happy to figure out a school around the start of high school season,” Domke concluded. “I was around a lot of coaches in the fall so I think I can make a decision by then.”
- Long Recruiting Process Comes To An End For Domke - Nov 14, 2022
- Results From 2022 Top Prospect Games - Jun 15, 2022
- 2022 Top Prospect Games - Quick Hits - Jun 15, 2022
- 2022 Scout Day: T3 Warhawks - Quick Hits - Feb 28, 2022
- 2022 Organizational Spotlight: T3 Warhawks - Feb 18, 2022
- Results From 2022 Scout Day: T3 Warhawks - Feb 14, 2022
- Domke Ready To Provide Strong Work Ethic To College Program - Jan 25, 2022
- 2021 Ohio State Games - Quick Hits - Oct 13, 2021
- Results From 2021 Ohio State Games - Oct 12, 2021
- 2021 Ohio State Games - Preview - Oct 4, 2021
- Results From 2021 Ohio Top Prospect Games - Jun 10, 2021
- 2021 Ohio Top Prospect Games - Advanced Analytics: The Arms - Jun 10, 2021
- 2021 Ohio Top Prospect Games - Advanced Analytics: The Bats - Jun 10, 2021
- 2020 Northern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Advanced Metrics w/Trackman and Blast Tech - Jul 27, 2020
- 2020 Northern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Quick Hits - Jul 27, 2020
- Results From 2020 Northern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Jul 23, 2020
- 2020 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Complete Evaluations - Feb 15, 2020
- 2020 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Quick Hits - Feb 7, 2020
- 2020 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Advanced Hitting/Pitching Metrics - Feb 5, 2020
- Results from 2020 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Feb 3, 2020
- 2019 Northern Ohio Fall Limited Series - Scout Blog - Sep 13, 2019
- 2019 Northern Ohio Fall Limited Series - Pitching Velocities - Sep 12, 2019
- 2019 Northern Ohio Fall Limited Series - Quick Hits - Sep 12, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Complete Evaluations - Mar 3, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Top Performers - Feb 8, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Sneak Peek - Feb 8, 2019
- Results from 2019 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Feb 6, 2019
- OH Scott Excited About Brotherhood Ahead At Maine 11/28/23
- OH Knupp Finds A Lot To Like About Eastern Michigan 11/28/23
- OH Decision To Focus On Pitching Proves Beneficial For Milligan 11/28/23
- OH Sudbrook Thrilled To Join His Brother At Toledo 11/28/23
- OH Hagen Excited About ‘Unique Experience’ Ahead At West Virginia’ 11/20/23
- OH Results From 2023 Ohio Unsigned Senior Showcase (Charity Event) 11/20/23
- OH Tarnowski Ready To Make An Impact At Central Michigan 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 1 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 2 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 3 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23