Vogele Thrilled To Be Playing Close To Home At UC
June 7, 2022
Interested in attending a PBR Ohio event? Check out our schedule by clicking here.
Vogele Thrilled To Be Playing Close To Home At UC
LOVELAND - Jack Vogele made quite an impression when a coach on the University of Cincinnati came to see a game earlier this high school season.
“I hit a home run, triple, single and walked against Roger Bacon,” Vogele reflected back to the game UC assistant Kyle Sprague watched. “JD (Heilmann) came the following Sunday and liked what he saw. JD called the Wednesday after and offered.”
A visit took place the next week and the Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy senior committed that day.
“They like how I can affect the game in many ways,” related the 11th-rated 2022 outfielder in Ohio, who stole a pair of bases in the game UC assistant coach Heilmann was present. “They also like my 6-3 frame.”
Vogele came away impressed after visiting the university.
“It was amazing,” Vogele said. “The facilities were great, the weight room, the training facilities … everything.
“I’ve been a lifelong UC fan so I knew a lot about them. I was a season ticket holder for football this year.”
There was a lot about the school and program that inspired the 65th-ranked senior in the state.
“I really like the American league that they’re in now, it’s a great conference, but they’re joining the Big 12 which is one of the top three Power 5 conferences in the country,” Vogele explained. “That’s been a dream of mine to play in. I like having that opportunity.
“I also think the coaching staff will be great for my development,” added the 17-year-old, who will turn 18 on June 9. “I need to put on some weight, I think that will help me. I’m looking forward to all the resources UC will give me to get better as a player and I know I’ll get better with all those resources. That extra hard work is going to make me better and I think the coaching staff can take me to the next level.”
The 200-pounder, whose father played center field in college at Notre Dame, is also excited about the chance to go to college less than a half hour from home.
“Honestly, it was one of the top three decision-factors for me.” Vogele said of the short distance to UC. “I’m the youngest of five and family has always been big for me. Cincinnati is a great school and being close to home is just a cherry on top.”
Vogele has always had a passion for the game.
“I knew the first time I picked up a bat that I loved it,” Vogele said. “Playing wiffle ball with my dad … I fell in love with it and the dream was to take it as far as I could.”
A strong work ethic was vital in making it all happen.
“Baseball has always been my dream and I sacrificed a lot of things for it,” Vogele pointed out. “Friends would ask me to go out and I'd say no I need to lift or get some swings in or do fungos with my dad. Baseball has always been my priority. I’d have a basketball game from 7-9 and at the end I’d go lift and not be done until 11. It’s always been my top priority and always been my dream to take it as far as possible.”
As an uncommitted senior, however, there were some concerns if it would happen.
“What helped is a bunch of my coaches with Midland saying your time will come and to just wait it out,” Vogele explained. “But there was a time I thought I’d commit to a junior college.”
In fact, Walters State Community College, currently the top-rated Division I JUCO in the country, was the other choice when it came to playing at the next level for Vogele.
“Not having an offer I wanted made me push even harder and I’m grateful for that,” Vogele said. “I had a chip on my shoulders that schools weren’t offering.”
That work proved beneficial in Vogele making strides in his game.
“My numbers have really improved,” noted Vogele, who credited Marcus Davis with helping his hitting and Scott Stocker for his throwing program. “Last year I had 15 extra-base hits in high school and I had more than that the first month this season. I’ve improved my 60 time and my throwing velocity as well. I still want to get more power in the box and get better with my throwing.”
Business marketing is the planned major for Vogele, a 3.2 student excited about what the future holds.
“When I committed it honestly was the best feeling in my life to see all the work paying off,” Vogele said. “But the end goal is to play there and to start there, to win a lot of games and to get drafted.”
- Vogele Thrilled To Be Playing Close To Home At UC - Jun 7, 2022
- 2021 Northeast Senior Games: Team Ohio - Meet The Team - Aug 6, 2021
- Vogele A Changed Player Ready For Colleges To See - Jul 9, 2021
- 2021 OHSAA Tournament Wrap-up - Jun 15, 2021
- 2020 Southern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Quick Hits - Jul 15, 2020
- Results From 2020 Southern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Jul 9, 2020
- 2020 Southern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Advanced Metrics w/Trackman and Blast Tech - Jul 9, 2020
- 2019 Prospect Games at Miami - Complete Evaluations - Aug 1, 2019
- 2019 Prospect Games at Miami - Top Performers - Jul 15, 2019
- 2019 Prospect Games at Miami - Sneak Peek: The Position Guys - Jul 15, 2019
- Results from 2019 Prospect Games at Miami - Jul 10, 2019
- 2019 Southern Ohio Prospect Games II - Complete Evaluations - Jul 1, 2019
- 2019 Southern Ohio Prospect Games II - Top Performers - Jun 14, 2019
- Results from 2019 Southern Ohio Prospect Games II - Jun 13, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Midland Baseball - Complete Evaluations - Mar 21, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Midland Baseball - Top Performers - Feb 21, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Midland Baseball - Sneak Peek - Feb 21, 2019
- Results from 2019 Scout Day: Midland Baseball - Feb 20, 2019
- The Ohio Future 50 - Class of 2022 & 2023: Complete Evaluations - Aug 5, 2018
- The Future 50 Showcase: Class of 2022 and 2023 - Top Performers - Jul 17, 2018
- The Future 50 Showcase: Class of 2022 and 2023 - Sneak Peek - Jul 17, 2018
- Results from Ohio's 2018 The Future 50 Showcase: Class of 2022 and 2023 - Jul 12, 2018
- Best Of Ohio 14U Tournament - Midland Warriors - May 9, 2018
- OH Scott Excited About Brotherhood Ahead At Maine 11/28/23
- OH Knupp Finds A Lot To Like About Eastern Michigan 11/28/23
- OH Decision To Focus On Pitching Proves Beneficial For Milligan 11/28/23
- OH Sudbrook Thrilled To Join His Brother At Toledo 11/28/23
- OH Hagen Excited About ‘Unique Experience’ Ahead At West Virginia’ 11/20/23
- OH Results From 2023 Ohio Unsigned Senior Showcase (Charity Event) 11/20/23
- OH Tarnowski Ready To Make An Impact At Central Michigan 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 1 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 2 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 3 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23