2022 Scout Day: CT Crush - Quick Hits
October 19, 2022
We would like to thank all who participated in The PBR New England Scout Day: CT Crush. This was a great opportunity for 2024-2025 prospects to be put on college recruiting boards. Many players impressed during their individual workouts at the showcase. Below we have the complete statistical results from the event as well as the top performers across various different categories.
Interested in attending a PBR New England event? Check out our schedule by clicking here.
2022 Scout Day: CT Crush - Quick Hits
The Position Players
- Alexander Blanchete, 2023- Physical right-handed hitter, pull pop with an exit velocity of 89 mph. Shows arm strength behind the dish, had a pop time of 2.12.
- Ben Kuja, 2024- A switch hitter, can spray and drive it with authority from both sides of the plate, both swings are very similar, short and crisp to the baseball. Exit Velocity of 90 mph from both sides, ran a 6.9 sixty, played and competed at another level.
- Trace Morales, 2024- A big bodied right-handed hitter, drove multiple balls out of the yard, super smooth swing, ability to go to all fields. Above average actions at third base, with plenty of arm at 79 mph.
- Desmond Powers, 2023- A left-handed hitter, tons of projection and leverage in the swing, once he figures some stuff out is going to be legit. Long and loose arm from the outfield.
- Noah Scurto, 2024- A right-handed hitting catcher, all throws were on the bag, 2.06 pop time, good arm at 74 mph. A plus runner for a catcher at 6.92, hard contact, pull approach.
- Jack Treat, 2026- A left-handed hitter, only a 2026, can really hit, hard contact on every pitch, goes to all fields, can handle the barrel. Showed major feel at first base, advanced. Strength and condition are a must, going to hit at a high level.
- Donte Valentine, 2024- A right-handed hitter, level path, exit it at 87 mph, showed above actions defensively.
- William Estronza, 2023- A right-handed hitter, line drive approach, good actions defensively, ran well at 7.18
- Edward Torres, 2024- A right-handed hitter, swing is super short and quick, hammered the baseball in batting practice, exit velocity at 88 mph.
- Michael Quiros, 2023- A left-handed hitter, put on a show in batting practice, hammering it to all fields, staying behind and with easy lift to the swing. Exit of 92 mph and ran a smooth, clean 6.80 sixty-yard dash.
- Alex Vincent, 2023- A right-handed hitting catcher, showed good tools, 6.81 sixty-yard dash, powerful pull side swings and a pop time of 2,06-2.13.
- Trace Morales, 2024- A right-handed pitcher, clean arm from a ¾ slot, pounds the zone with 3 pitches, fastball was up to 82 mph, located to both sides. Mixed in a legit changup.
- Dominic Pontbriant, 2024- A left-handed pitcher, delivery is super smooth, minimal effort to it. The arm action is loose and whippy, fastball up to 79 mph, with a ton more in there. Mixed in a survey breaking ball at 66 mph, with higher spin rate to it.
- Desmond Powers, 2026- A right-handed pitcher, only a 2026, fastball up to 78 mph, with heavy life to it, survey hammer for strikes. The frame is huge, right on top of the hitter. Major projection to this one.
- Justin Gouin, 2024- A right-handed pitcher, longer arm action, baseball jumps out of his hand, with it being a heavy ball at 77 mph. Showed proper spin and shape to the breaking ball.
- Kevin Johnson, 2026- A left-handed pitcher, arm is good, fastball at 79 mph, mixing in a slider at 67 mph, with feel for a changeup. Repeats the delivery, good direction on time and is in the strike zone.
- Jason Muller, 2024- A right-handed pitcher, lower ¾ slot, with some sling to it, fatball reached 82 with action. Sweeping slider ball at 75 mph. Stuff is good.
- Owen Scarice, 2024- A right-handed pitcher, simple delivery, repeats it with minimal effort. The arm action is clean, pounds the zone with 3 pitchers. A strike thrower, more in the tank, fastball was at 75 mph.
- NEW ENGLAND Prospects Of Pitching In Maine Excites Poole 12/08/23
- NEW ENGLAND George Mason ‘Immediately Felt Right’ For Morse 12/06/23
- NEW ENGLAND Gilbert Excited About Competing At Holy Cross 12/05/23
- NEW ENGLAND Commitment To Fairfield a ‘Dream Come True’ For Engle 12/04/23
- NEW ENGLAND Commitment To Northeastern ‘Special’ For Criscola 11/30/23
- NEW ENGLAND Andrews Ecstatic To Have Opportunity From Northeastern 11/29/23
- NEW ENGLAND Rovinelli Will Bring Competitiveness To Columbia 11/28/23
- NEW ENGLAND Hard Working Iovino Staying Close To Home At Merrimack 11/28/23
- NEW ENGLAND Commitment To UConn ‘A Dream Come True” For Margolies 11/20/23
- NEW ENGLAND Gray Excited For Baseball Life Ahead At Sacred Heart 11/20/23