Future Games Spotlight - LHP Jackson Peavy
July 23, 2022
The 2022 PBR Future Games are less than a week away, and will be here in no time. With that being said, we would like to introduce you to this year's Team Georgia. We will roll out individual player spotlights with comments, video, stats, and more over the next few days.
The southpaw Jackson Peavy (Peach County, 2025) came onto our radar at the 2022 Underclass Games, and then really made a statement at the National Program Invitational with an outstanding performance against a loaded East Cobb Astros team. The 6-foot-3 left-hander works from a low 3/4 slot, sitting 84-86, creating devastating sink, which he has used to make more than a few batters look poorly at LakePoint Sports this summer. He couples it with an, at-times sharp, sweeping breaking ball. Finally, he can get you with a heavy sinking changeup that plays similar to the fastball. Watch out for Peavy to be one of the breakout prospects of the entire 2022 PBR Future Games.
Uncommitted. Absolutely dominated from 1st pitch to last, expecting to strikeout every hitter. Peavy has very impressive body control w/ efficient, deceptive short circle AA L 3/4. He creates quick arm speed with just a flick of the wrist. Stays strong on the lower half and works his front knee stiff just after release. Confident & aggressive w/ heavy tailing FB (84-86) to both edges. Future + CB (69) sharp 2 planer w/ sweep!
A 6-foot-3, 167-pound left-handed pitcher, Peavy is long and lanky with a projectable build. Short and quick with the arm action, the big southpaw delivers from a low ¾ slot from an upright delivery with a more substantial cross over to the finish providing for some deception. Athletic on the mound, the fastball sat 83-85, touching 86 with heavy sink, and he threw to both sides of the plate effectively. The fastball received a fair number of swings and misses in the zone, and he was able to counter with a changeup of similar profile at 77-80. The curveball flashed as a swing-and-miss offering, sharp at times at 68-70, and could trend up in a hurry. Overall, Peavy presents a true starter upside, and his strong performance (4.1 innings, 8K-1BB, 2H, 2R) against a loaded lineup only made it even easier to want to follow him the rest of the summer.
Jackson Peavy, Peach County (GA), 2025
Positional Profile: LHP/OF One of the top left handers in the state with big upside.
Body: 6-foot-3, 167-pounds. Long, lean frame with broad shoulders, highly projectable, lean strength throughout, lots more to come.
Delivery: Tall and fall delivery, shoulders work uphill as he comes to a high balance point, strong front side helps guide upper half, works on-line, lands square, heavy cross over.
Arm Action: LH. Short, loose arm action, clean on the back-side, whip-lie arm speed, low 3/4 slot, funky.
FB: T85.3, 82.3-85.0 mph. Heavy sinking action, dives out of the zone when low, ground ball inducing, can get swing and miss with. T1989, 1812 average rpm.
CB: 68.2-69.5 mph. 2/8 shape, slurvish, depth and some sharp action, potential swing and miss. T2219, 2079 average rpm.
CH: 76.1-77.1 mph. Fade and sink. T2226, 2109 average rpm.
- Georgia Class of 2025 Rankings: Fall Update - Nov 29, 2023
- Georgia 2025 Rankings: Post Fall Update - Dec 9, 2022
- PBR Cup 2022: Georgia's 2025 LHPs - Oct 7, 2022
- Dirty Dozen: Future Games 2025 Arms - Sep 6, 2022
- Georgia 2025 Rankings Update: The Top-10 - Aug 29, 2022
- Tools & Intangibles, Part 2 (Pitchers) - Aug 11, 2022
- PBR Future Games: South Georgia Shines - Aug 9, 2022
- PBR Future Games: Team Georgia Game 1 Recap - Jul 30, 2022
- Future Games Spotlight - LHP Jackson Peavy - Jul 23, 2022
- Underclass Games - Pitcher Analysis - Jul 22, 2022
- PBR 15U National Championship - Pitchers - Jul 9, 2022
- NPI: Shooter's Standouts (Uncommitted '25 Pitchers) - Jun 22, 2022
- GA Tools & Intangibles, Part 2 (Pitchers) 8/11/22
- GA PBR Future Games: South Georgia Shines 8/09/22
- GA Tools & Intangibles, Part 1 (Position Players) 8/04/22
- GA PBR Future Games: Team Georgia Game 3 Recap 8/02/22
- GA PBR Future Games: Team Georgia Game 2 Recap 8/01/22
- GA PBR Future Games: Team Georgia Game 1 Recap 7/30/22
- GA PBR Future Games: Team Georgia Workout Notes 7/28/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - RHP Montrell Christian 7/25/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - LHP Trey Robbins 7/25/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - RHP Dillon Stiltner 7/25/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - RHP Brooks Willis 7/24/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - LHP Gaven Smith 7/24/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - RHP DeShawn Morgan 7/24/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - RHP Fisher Cantrell 7/24/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - 3B/RHP KJ Moon 7/24/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - SS Craig Kalkbrenner 7/23/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - RHP Dane Moehler 7/23/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - LHP Jackson Peavy 7/23/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - RHP Elijah Wellman 7/23/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - LHP Pete Jezerinac Jr. 7/23/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - C Eli Stephens 7/21/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - 1B Cooper Johnson 7/19/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - OF Marquis Mitchell 7/19/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - 3B Ean Marria 7/18/22
- GA Future Games Spotlight - C Dominic Stephenson 7/18/22