Trackman Hitting Analytics: Tri State Arsenal Scout Day
August 31, 2021
On Saturday August 21st PBR of North Carolina was at Clark Field on the campus of St. Andrews University for a Scout Day with the Tri State Arsenal. Players in attendance ranged from the 2022-2026 grad classes.
The day started with catchers going through a defensive evaluation followed by pitchers throwing a controlled bullpen of 15-20 pitches with Trackman collecting ball flight data. After the pitchers position players ran a laser timed 60, took batting practice on the field with Trackman gathering advanced information. The day concluded with infielders and outfielders going through a defensive evaluation.
Below we take our first look at some of the numbers produced throughout the workout. CLICK HERE for full roster and stats.
By the Numbers
- 28 players attended
- 6.93 was the top laser timed 60
- 10 players ran a 7.29 or faster on the lasers
- 6 infield arms topped at 79 mph or higher to first base
- 6 outfield arms reached 80 mph or higher
- 5 catcher velocities topped at 72 mph or higher to second base
- 1.99 was the best pop time
- 95.95 mph was the top exit velocity
- 14 hitters had an exit velocity of 85.08 mph or higher
- 343’ was the longest ball hit
- 86.21 mph was the top fastball
- 5 fastballs reached 82.99 mph or higher
- 2396 rpm was the top fastball spin
- 2400 rpm was the top curveball spin
TRACKMAN HITTING ANALYTICS
Hard Hit Percentage
TrackMan is able to track and follow exit velocities of each hitter. Based on the individual's top exit velocity, TrackMan is able to give us a percentage of hard hit balls. This percentage is based off of each individual hitter's top exit velocity.