Krenzel Thrilled With The Opportunity Ahead At Tennessee
July 5, 2022
Interested in attending a PBR Ohio event? Check out our schedule by clicking here.
Krenzel Thrilled With The Opportunity Ahead At Tennessee
DUBLIN - Brayden Krenzel understands the challenges ahead when it comes to being a collegiate athlete.
“It’s exciting but at the same time the work is just getting started at this point,” noted the Dublin Jerome incoming junior, who has committed to be a member of the baseball program at Tennessee. “To play at the next level I have to get a lot stronger and play a lot better.”
That is something learned from his father, Craig, a former quarterback at Ohio State.
“He doesn’t talk about it that much, he just says whatever you want to do, give 110 percent and you will accomplish big things,” Krenzel explained.
The 47th-rated 2024 right-handed pitcher in the nation is excited to have the opportunity to pursue that in the Southeast Conference.
“It all started at the Future Games when they saw me there,” Krenzel said of Tennessee. “A couple of weeks later they invited me to a Prospect Camp and I performed well. They like that I have an easy fluid motion, repeatable mechanics and that I fill up the zone with multiple pitches.”
Interest increased after the camp.
“We talked once a week and I went to a football game there in the fall,” reflected Krenzel, who was given an offer “one or two months” after the camp. “I went to a spring baseball game and got a feel for the surrounding area and the school itself. One thing that stands out is the fan base is strong there. The area is nice and it’s not a huge city. It’s a big campus, but kind of all in one area.”
Ohio State and Kentucky were at the top of other schools the third-ranked incoming junior RHP in Ohio was considering.
“I was wondering when the right time was going to be to commit,” the 16-year-old explained. “I was leaning on my parents and my coaches making sure this was the right decision to make.”
After mulling all the options over, the decision to commit to Tennessee proved to be in the best interest of Krenzel.
“I like the competitive environment there,” the 167th-rated 2024 in the country related. “Competition brings the best out of everybody and that was a big driving factor in my decision.”
Work in the weight room during the fall and basketball in the winter helped Krenzel improve both strength-wise and athletically as the recruiting process heated up.
“There were no bad parts about it,” Krenzel said of his recruitment. “It was a fun process. It was a pretty cool thing to be involved in at my age and I’m blessed to enjoy every moment about the process.”
Help came in a number of ways.
“My parents have always pushed me to give my all-out effort in everything I do,” Krenzel said. “My coaches when I was younger taught me how to play and I’m thankful for them. My recent coaches have helped me fine-tune the little things you have to do with baseball.”
There was more.
“PBR helped give me a good platform,” Krenzel added. “I’m thankful for all the events, especially the Future Games which helped put my name out there and started the whole recruiting process for me.”
Business is the planned major for the sixth-ranked 2024 in Ohio, who carries a 4.0 GPA in high school at Dublin Jerome.
“You always hear about guys you meet and experiences that are worth a lifetime, especially with college athletics and I’m really looking forward to all of that,” Krenzel concluded. “I’m excited about that and just the opportunity to continue to compete.”
- Vogele Thrilled To Be Playing Close To Home At UC - Jun 7, 2022
- 2021 Northeast Senior Games: Team Ohio - Meet The Team - Aug 6, 2021
- Vogele A Changed Player Ready For Colleges To See - Jul 9, 2021
- 2021 OHSAA Tournament Wrap-up - Jun 15, 2021
- 2020 Southern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Quick Hits - Jul 15, 2020
- Results From 2020 Southern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Jul 9, 2020
- 2020 Southern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Advanced Metrics w/Trackman and Blast Tech - Jul 9, 2020
- 2019 Prospect Games at Miami - Complete Evaluations - Aug 1, 2019
- 2019 Prospect Games at Miami - Top Performers - Jul 15, 2019
- 2019 Prospect Games at Miami - Sneak Peek: The Position Guys - Jul 15, 2019
- Results from 2019 Prospect Games at Miami - Jul 10, 2019
- 2019 Southern Ohio Prospect Games II - Complete Evaluations - Jul 1, 2019
- 2019 Southern Ohio Prospect Games II - Top Performers - Jun 14, 2019
- Results from 2019 Southern Ohio Prospect Games II - Jun 13, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Midland Baseball - Complete Evaluations - Mar 21, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Midland Baseball - Top Performers - Feb 21, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Midland Baseball - Sneak Peek - Feb 21, 2019
- Results from 2019 Scout Day: Midland Baseball - Feb 20, 2019
- The Ohio Future 50 - Class of 2022 & 2023: Complete Evaluations - Aug 5, 2018
- The Future 50 Showcase: Class of 2022 and 2023 - Top Performers - Jul 17, 2018
- The Future 50 Showcase: Class of 2022 and 2023 - Sneak Peek - Jul 17, 2018
- Results from Ohio's 2018 The Future 50 Showcase: Class of 2022 and 2023 - Jul 12, 2018
- Best Of Ohio 14U Tournament - Midland Warriors - May 9, 2018
- OH Scott Excited About Brotherhood Ahead At Maine 11/28/23
- OH Knupp Finds A Lot To Like About Eastern Michigan 11/28/23
- OH Decision To Focus On Pitching Proves Beneficial For Milligan 11/28/23
- OH Sudbrook Thrilled To Join His Brother At Toledo 11/28/23
- OH Hagen Excited About ‘Unique Experience’ Ahead At West Virginia’ 11/20/23
- OH Results From 2023 Ohio Unsigned Senior Showcase (Charity Event) 11/20/23
- OH Tarnowski Ready To Make An Impact At Central Michigan 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 1 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 2 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 3 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23