Prep Baseball Report

Unsigned Seniors: What they are saying

By Chris Valentine
PBR Ohio Scouting Director

Over the course of the upcoming weeks, we will continue to provide updates on the state's top unsigned seniors. This Sunday, PBR Ohio will hold its final Unsigned Senior Showcase in Columbus. At our last Unsigned Senior Showcase in December, there were over 25 colleges from six different states in attendance. For more information, please click here.

Wyatt Krupp, OF, Findlay HS

“Findlay offered me, Lake Erie is talking to me, and Tiffin is interested in me as well. I recently went to Bowling Green where they talked to me a little bit while I was at their camp. I am currently undecided and still looking at colleges and what opportunities I may get in the spring and summer.”  

Jaycen Newsom, IF/RHP/C, Springboro HS 

“Rehab (from Tommy Johns surgery) is going well, getting stronger each day. Throwing 3 days a week, while conditioning every day of the week. My college plans are still undecided. I'm really wanting to go to Bowling Green State University, and if everything turns out like it should, that's where I'll be next year.”

Josh Apple, IF, Wapakoneta HS

“Hoping I can get some more looks after this season but I have an offer from Findlay. Just hoping for the opportunity to play/walk on if I have to at the Division I level.”

Ben Spitznagel, IF/OF, Colerain HS

“I'm interested in Carson Newman College (Tennessee), Walsh University (Ohio), and Dakota Wesleyan (South Dakota), and I have heard from numerous D3 schools.”

Reilly Hawkins, OF, Chardon HS

“Yeah. I'm still looking for a school. I have a couple that might have some interest, but nothing is set yet, still open to anyone.  Lake Erie has been very interested.”

Alex Lind, OF, Elder HS

“I have narrowed it down to Lake Erie and Heidelberg. Hopefully I can make my decision soon.”

Jake Hyde, C/RHP, Hamilton HS

“I am hearing from Marietta, Miami (Oxford), Butler, Huntington, and Carson Newman. I plan to wait until my high school season starts to make a final decision.”

Mike Hudec, IF, North Royalton HS

“I currently have a couple of D2 offers and I am in contact with several D3 schools. I am looking to make a decision in the next couple of weeks.”