Chris Burke Tip of the Week
August 15, 2017
In our partnership with eCoach, which provides access to coaches on anytime, anywhere basis through video analysis and on-demand tips and drills. Just like you access your music and tv shows, you can now access tips and drills in the same way. Start here with the Chris Burke Tip of the week.
A little bit about Chris Burke:
- ESPN College & Little League Baseball Analyst
- 2001 SEC Player of the Year (league leader in batting avg., hits, runs, triples, slg %, OBP, and total bases)
- Holds 6 Single Season Hitting Records and 8 Career Hitting Records at the University of Tennessee
- 2-time Consensus First-team All-American
- Hit Walk Off Home Run in 2005 NLDS vs. Atlanta Braves
- Professional Hitting Instructor
How should you look at impact?
*Zach Watson - LSU Outfielder*
Zach Watson and the LSU Tigers had a year to remember. Going into the postseason as one of the hottest teams in the country, they were able to make a run at the CWS finals. The Tigers were an all-around good ball club, but there was one thing they could do from top to bottom: hit the baseball.
Watson was one of the Tigers who consistently made solid impact in at-bat after at-bat. The Impact position is the third of four parts to the swing. This is where all of your hard work pays off. "Palm up, palm down" is how eCoachBaseball's Chris Burke describes it. The head, hip, knee should all be lined up.
Just like Watson looks above, is how you should look on each and every swing!
To learn and see more on this move, watch Chris Burke's Tip of the Week below: Swinging 101: Impact Position. Join eCoachBaseball to learn more!
NOTE: This video will expire 7 days from post (insert date posted here). If you are viewing this Tip of the Week after its expiration, go to http://ecoach.coach/baseball/ for more information