Kansas Future Games Recap
August 20, 2018
The Future Games was yet another resounding success, with tons of talented '20s and '21s playing against each other in front of 250+ college coaches and professional scouts. This event has been a staple of the summer for prospects eying up Division I schools, and the schools in attendance did not disappoint. Most, if not all schools in attendance had multiple coaches at the event and as always with the Future Games, there were only two games going at one time, creating the maximum possible exposure for all athletes.
Kansas players, once again, shine at the annual event with five players representing the Arkansas/Kansas team. Here is a look at the performances from five Kansas players in attendance.
Sam Brady LHP / OF / St. Thomas Aquinas, KS / 2020
Brady sat 84-86 mph and up to 88 mph in his outing against Team Missouri. His fastball showed late life with two seam action, and showed a change up between 70-74 mph with arm side sink. His spotted his breaking ball for strikes with 2-to8 shape between 72-73 mph. He has loose arm action with an over the top release, shows the ability to repeat his release point with all three pitches and throw his pitches in any count. Brady induced mostly soft contact from opposing hitters.
Ryan Callahan SS / RHP / Blue Valley Northwest, KS / 2020
Callahan has projection in athleticism and ability. Standing 6-foot-3 175-pounds, Callahan has a leveraged swing from the left side with an 88 mph exit velocity. During the workout, he had gap to gap strength and had no problem finding the barrell. He manages the bat well with hands and look for increased power as starts to use his lower half levers. On the infield, Callahan has smooth action with a high three quarters release. He moves well and has soft hands, he had a positional velocity at 84 mph.
Mack Clark SS / C / Blue Valley Southwest, KS / 2020
Clark demonstrates a powerful and quick left handed swing. He flashed power to the pull side with an aggressive swing speed and level path, his exit velocity was 82 mph. On the infield, Clark had a positional velocity at 82 mph making accurate throws. Clark will athletic at 5-foot-11 175-pounds, and looks to continue on an upward trend over the next several months.
Kendall Diggs 3B / SS / Saint Thomas Aquinas, KS / 2021
Diggs has top-notch barrel control with excellent eye-hand coordination proven by the multiple line drives his swing produced over the weekend. Diggs has a simple and short swing with a quiet approach. He showed ability to drive balls to both gaps with quick bat speed. He ran a 7.00 60 and produced an 88 mph exit velocity. On the infield, Diggs posted an 86 mph throw across the infield with a loose and easy arm stroke. He has athletic footwork to the ball with clean exchanges and makes accurate throws. Diggs will be a top player to watch in the 2021 class.
Will Hudler OF / 3B / Blue Valley West, KS / 2020
Hudler is lean and long at 6-foot-3 165-pounds. His build and athleticism makes it easy for college recruiters to dream on. Hudler showed occasional gap power during hitting evals and pre-game batting practice, and posted a 90 mph exit velo. He has strong hands and manipulates the barrel well, letting his hands work inside the ball. In the outfield, Hudler works from a high three quarters arm slot with an 81 mph positional velo. He makes clean exchanges and takes an efficient route to the ball.
For Related Content
- TX 2018 Recap: Future Games Roster 12/14/18
- PBRPlus FUTURE GAMES: Position Player Standouts (2020) 8/23/18
- PBRPlus Team AR/KS Outfield Breakdown: Colton Sagely 8/22/18
- PBRPlus Team AR/KS Catchers Breakdown: Connor Flagg 8/22/18
- PBRPlus Team AR/KS Catchers Breakdown: Sam Golden 8/22/18
- PBRPlus Team AR/KS Catchers Breakdown: Hayden Seldomridge 8/22/18
- PBRPlus Team AR/KS Infield Breakdown: Cade Rogers 8/21/18
- PBRPlus Team AR/KS Infield Breakdown: Payton Allen 8/21/18
- PBRPlus Team AR/KS Infield Breakdown: Ty Gordon 8/21/18
- PBRPlus Team AR/KS Infield Breakdown: Wil French 8/21/18
For More Kansas News
- KS Kansas Rankings Update: Class of 2025 8/30/22
- MO MOKAN Preseason All-State Showcase: Catchers Analysis 4/21/20
- KS KS Rankings Update: Class of 2022 4/21/20
- KS In Case You Missed It: The Week In Review 4/19/20
- KS Mac N Seitz Scout Day: Pitcher Analysis 4/17/20
- KS Mac N Seitz Scout Day: Infielder Analysis 4/15/20
- KS Mac N Seitz Scout Day: Outfielder Analysis 4/13/20
- MO Mac N Seitz Scout Day: Catchers Analysis 4/10/20
- KS Kansas Most Viewed Profiles of March 4/04/20
- KS Kansas Rankings Update: Class of 2021 4/02/20