Uncommitted Spotlight: 2022 OF/RHP Matthew Canizares (Monsignor McClancy)
April 2, 2021
2021 OF Matthew Canizares (Monsignor McClancy) follows up his 6.62 60 with a impressive round to the gaps. Peak exit velo of 96 MPH via @TrackManBB for the 2019 Team NY Future Game attendee. @DanCevette @PBR_Uncommitted pic.twitter.com/yr31KCFDzV— PBR New York (@PBRNewYork) September 1, 2020
Physical: 5-foot-10, 165 pounds; lean, athletic frame. 7.14 runner in the 60.
Offensively: RHH. Wide, athletic base with hands level with shoulders; small lift and replace leg kick. Aggressive with quick bat, flat path to the point of contact with good extension, one handed finish. Line drives to all fields; peak Trackman exit velocity of 91 MPH.
Defensively: Starts with his left foot forward in an athletic position; Consistent, smooth footwork on approach. Smooth hands, clean transfer; medium arm swing with a high 3/4 arm slot. OF - 81 MPH.
Pitching: Sets up on the first base side slightly offset, uptempo delivery, high leg kick above his waist with a hip coil, strides directly at home plate. Clean, moderate take back along with a high 3/4 arm slot. FB: Peak velo of 83 MPH, while sitting 80-83 MPH. Plays with some life through the zone. CB: 70-73 MPH. Sharp 12-6 break. CH: 74-75 MPH. Heavy arm side fade.
Physical: 5-foot-10, 165-pounds. Lean, athletic build with room to grow. 6.95 runner in the 60; 4.28 home-to-1B.
Offensively: RHH. Keeps bat low, consistent rhythm waiting for pitch, toe tap instead on leg kick, slight bend in the knees Spreads the ball to all parts of the field, quick/level swing through the zone, consistent turning of the hips. Strong contact hitter with power. 89 MPH raw exit velocity.
Defensively: Consistent footwork approaching the ball, keeps body level and down attacking the ball, strong/accurate arm. Over the top arm slot, quick throw. OF - 93 MPH.
Lean frame build at 5-foot-10 160 pounds. Ran a personal best 7.04 60. Offensively - Works from an even setup with a slight leg kick; quiet and repeatable actions that produced a consistent flat path through the zone. Gap to gap line drive results in his batting practices. Defensively- Showed above average arm strength at NYS games at 91 MPH from the OF and was 90 MPH at the Future Games. Projects well at all 3 spots; effortless with his tracking and arm shows that it might be able to hold a few miles per hour.
An athletic projectable build at 5-foot-10,160 pounds. Defensively- The outfielder shows active footwork. Has an aggressive approach to the baseball. Stays under control. Throws from a high ¾ arm slot. Throws have carry and shows an accurate arm. Top throwing velocity from the outfield was 91 MPH.
A lean 5-foot-10, 160 pounds athletic frame. Ran a 7.11 in the 60 yard dash and 4.05 home to first. Offensively- the right handed hitter stands in the box in a tall stance with slight bend in the knees. Short load, hands start low and raise up before attacking the baseball. Direct path to the baseball. Short compact swing. Hard consistent contact during the hitting portion. Top exit velocity was 83 MPH. Defensively- the outfielder displayed athletic actions during the defensive portion. Aggressive and under control charging the baseball. Smooth exchange to a quick release on throws to the plate. Fast arm action. Top throing velocity was 85 MPH. The 2021 OF is a must follow.
- Inside the Northeast Procase: 2022 OF/RHP Matthew Canizares (Monsignor McClancy/Houston commit) - Jan 3, 2022
- Year in Review: Top OF Velocity / Class of 2022 - Dec 10, 2021
- Year in Review: Peak Fastball Spin Rate via Trackman / Class of 2022 - Dec 6, 2021
- State Games: Top Curveball Spin Rate (Peak) - Jul 19, 2021
- State Games: Top Fastball Spin Rate (Peak) - Jul 12, 2021
- Uncommitted Spotlight: 2022 OF/RHP Matthew Canizares (Monsignor McClancy) - Apr 2, 2021
- Year in Review - Top OF Arm Strength / Class of 2022 - Jan 22, 2021
- Year in Review - Top Batted Ball Distance / Class of 2022 - Jan 14, 2021
- Year in Review - Top Bat Speed (Avg) of 2020 / Class of 2022 - Dec 18, 2020
- Inside the Rankings: Top 10 Class of 2021 OF - Apr 7, 2020
- Preseason All-State: Top OF Velocities - Feb 28, 2020
- On Deck Preview: Preseason All-State - Long Island - Feb 19, 2020
- Future Games Recap: Outfielders - Sep 6, 2019
- On Deck Preview: Team NY Outfielders - Jul 28, 2019
- NYS Games: Full Statistical Release - Jul 5, 2019
- High School Scout Blog: Week 1 - Apr 10, 2019
- Winter Review: Top OF Arms - Mar 8, 2019
|2021 Long Island Elite Scout Day||NY||04/01||Common Sense Baseball|
|2021 JR NYS Games Trials - West||NY||04/03||Salhen Sports Park|
|2021 Preseason All-State Pitching - West||NY||04/03||Sahlen Sports Park|
|2021 Preseason All-State - Hudson Valley (Session 1) -SOLD OUT||NY||04/10||Blue Sox Sports|
|2021 Preseason All-State Hudson Valley (Session 2)||NY||04/10||Blue Sox Sports|
|2021 Preseason All-State - Last Chance (Downstate) - 85% Full||NY||04/11||Long Island Sports Complex|
|2021 Preseason All-State - Last Chance (Upstate) - 95% Full||NY||04/17||Gutchess Lumber Sports Complex|
|2021 Call to the Hall ProCase||NY||07/21||Doubleday Field
CREATE YOUR PROFILE
Ready to join the family? Click the image below and get your start today.