Commitment To Purdue Just The Start For Reasor
October 4, 2022
Interested in attending a PBR Ohio event? Check out our schedule by clicking here.
Commitment To Purdue Just The Start For Reasor
NORTHFIELD - Even with a college commitment to Purdue now in place, Luke Reasor is far from totally satisfied.
“I need to keep working, keep getting better and not be complacent,” the Brecksville Broadview Heights junior explained. “I need to work harder than I ever have before. I have a target and will use that to get better.”
That mindset was instilled at home according to the fourth-rated 2024 left-handed pitcher in Ohio.
“My dad helped me stay down to earth through everything and made sure I was making the right decisions,” Reasor reflected. “He was part of the whole journey.”
It was a dream that began at a young age.
“I knew pretty early that baseball was my favorite sport and that I wanted to go as far as I could,” Reasor noted. “Last year is when I thought I wanted to do it in college and that’s when I started making it happen. I was surprised with what colleges have to offer with the amazing facilities and all the things they can provide for you.”
The 16-year-old found what he wanted at the Big 10 university in West Lafayette, Ind.
“One of the Purdue coaches contacted one of my summer coaches and said they were interested in me,” Reasor related. “We started having phone calls which led to a visit. I went there a week before I committed. It was nice to see the campus and baseball facilities. They also have great academics on the side of things besides baseball. To see all they had to offer was the final thing for me to commit.”
Ohio University was also being considered by the 22nd-ranked 2024 in the state, who made an impression on Purdue.
“Basically, they told me I was one of the top 2024 left-handed pitchers they were looking at,” Reasor said. “I feel they put a lot of effort into me coming on a visit.”
It capped off a recruiting process that included playing for Team Ohio at the Future Games his past summer.
“PBR helped get my name out there,” Reasor noted. “I didn’t go through any of this last year, so PBR helped a lot this year. It was a matter of taking one step at a time and letting things happen, talking to my coaches and seeing where to go to get exposure.”
Reasor pointed to coaches Matt Rosinski and Jarret Edwards along with his father, Jim, with playing major roles in making a commitment happen, while also relating how vital improvement was over the past year.
“From the end of baseball last year I continued to do fall ball and winter workouts,” the 6-3 180-pounder explained. “I got in the weight room and filled out. If I continue to do that I can get where I want.”
Reasor is confident being part of the Purdue program will be beneficial in reaching his goals in baseball.
“From seeing what they do, I know they work hard and I feel I’ll fit right in,” Reasor said. “I expect to learn while I’m there and get better.”
The southpaw understands what is needed to make improvements at this stage.
“I feel velocity will increase and I’ll work on some technical stuff with arm angle,” Reasor noted. “Other than that, I’ll just keep working on my craft so I can keep getting better.”
A major in either business or education is being considered by Reasor, a 3.6 student in high school who will be going to college 51/2 hours from home.
“I posted it on social media and just tried to stay humble,” Reasor said about the feeling once a commitment to the Big 10 school was final. “My dad was happy and I got congratulations from the family. To make it where I want to be is exciting for me.”
The anticipation of what it will be like at Purdue is also exhilarating for Reasor.
“I’m looking forward to access all they provide with facilities and the coaching,” Reasor concluded. “To be around people who’ve done it before, I can learn a lot with the mental side of things both for college and baseball.”
- Heff's Hits: 2023 Ohio ProCase Edition - Feb 20, 2023
- Top Players In The State Show Well At Ohio Procase - Feb 20, 2023
- 2023 Ohio ProCase: Trackman Analytics - Pitching Leaderboard - Feb 13, 2023
- 2023 Ohio ProCase Advanced Metrics: Hitting/Speed Leaderboard - Feb 13, 2023
- Results From 2023 Ohio ProCase - Feb 12, 2023
- Commitment To Purdue Just The Start For Reasor - Oct 4, 2022
- 2022 Future Games: Heff's Hits - Aug 8, 2022
- Another Successful Future Games Completed For Team Ohio - Aug 6, 2022
- 2022 Future Games: Team Ohio - Dugout Chatter - Aug 5, 2022
- 2022 Future Games: Team Ohio - Workout/Gameday Notes - Aug 3, 2022
- 2022 Future Games: Team Ohio - Top Performers - Aug 3, 2022
- 2022 Future Games: Team Ohio - Showcase Statistical Results - Aug 1, 2022
- 2022 Future Games: Team Ohio - Pitching Rotation - Jul 24, 2022
- 2022 Future Games: Team Ohio - Meet The Team - Jul 22, 2022
- Results From 2022 Central Ohio Prospect Games - Jul 21, 2022
- Results From 2022 Top Prospect Games - Jun 15, 2022
- 2022 Top Prospect Games - Quick Hits - Jun 15, 2022
- 2022 Northern Ohio Preseason All-State - Quick Hits - Mar 8, 2022
- 2022 Scout Day: Release Baseball - Quick Hits - Feb 22, 2022
- Results From 2022 Northern Ohio Preseason All-State - Feb 21, 2022
- Results From 2022 Scout Day: Release Baseball - Feb 14, 2022
- On Deck Preview: 2022 Northern Ohio Preseason All-State Showcase - Feb 9, 2022
- Results From 2021 Northern Ohio Prospect Games - Jun 18, 2021
- 2021 Northern Ohio Prospect Games - Quick Hits - Jun 18, 2021
- 2021 Northern Ohio TPG Trials - Quick Hits - Jun 6, 2021
- Results From 2021 Northern Ohio TPG Trials - Jun 4, 2021
- 2021 Scout Day: Force Ohio - Quick Hits - Feb 12, 2021
- Results From 2021 Scout Day: Force Ohio - Feb 8, 2021
- OH Scott Excited About Brotherhood Ahead At Maine 11/28/23
- OH Knupp Finds A Lot To Like About Eastern Michigan 11/28/23
- OH Decision To Focus On Pitching Proves Beneficial For Milligan 11/28/23
- OH Sudbrook Thrilled To Join His Brother At Toledo 11/28/23
- OH Hagen Excited About ‘Unique Experience’ Ahead At West Virginia’ 11/20/23
- OH Results From 2023 Ohio Unsigned Senior Showcase (Charity Event) 11/20/23
- OH Tarnowski Ready To Make An Impact At Central Michigan 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 1 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 2 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 3 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23