Long Recruiting Process Comes To An End For Domke
November 14, 2022
Interested in attending a PBR Ohio event? Check out our schedule by clicking here.
Long Recruiting Process Comes To An End For Domke
NORTH ROYALTON - Being uncommitted at the start of senior year of high school was of little concern for Chris Domke.
“Finding the right fit for me was what took so long,” pointed out the North Royalton 2023, whose first college visit happened two years ago.
While offers came in along the way from solid Division II programs in Ohio like Gannon, Walsh and Ashland, Domke was also talking with Mid-American Conference schools such as Western Michigan, Akron and Miami. But then Youngstown State entered the picture.
“They first saw me during the summer when they came to a couple of my outings and expressed some interest,” related the 28th-rated senior right-handed pitcher in Ohio. “Then they saw me at a workout at PPA and invited me on a visit right after. I didn’t know anything much about it, but when I got there I really liked the feel. When I got on campus I thought 100 percent I could see myself there.”
An offer was extended on the visit and Domke accepted a week later.
“I was weighing if I could fit in there, how the academics were, how far it was from my house and what offer I’d like to take when it came down to when I wanted to decide,” Domke explained. “Development was another part that was big for me. I looked at the offers and where did I see that I had the best chance to get drafted.”
All signs pointed to Youngstown State in the eyes of the 6-3 190-pounder, who made an impression on the coaches at the Horizon League university.
“They like how quickly I work on the mound,” Domke said. “They like how I’ve sharpened things up from the summer to fall to get better.
“I’d really focused on getting in the weight room and added 10 to 15 pounds since summer,” Domke continued. “I also went from a circle change to a split change, and my slider has gotten better.”
Help came from a number of people including Adrian Abrahamowicz, who recently passed away.
“He was the biggest factor in my baseball career,” Domke noted. “I’m devastated about the loss. He’d helped me since I was nine and been such a great coach.”
Domke also pointed to summer coaches Todd Mezlak and Ryan Rua with aiding in the recruiting process along with Ben Simon with helping his development in bringing an end to a baseball journey that began early in life.
“College baseball has been a dream since I started playing,” Domke reflected. “I’ve always wanted to get to the next level and play the game for as long as I can.”
The quest to continue in the game after high school was a fun process according to the 18-year-old.
“It wasn’t really that stressful for me,” Domke explained. “I got a lot of exposure through PBR with the Top Prospect Games and State Games and had schools to go back on if I didn’t get any more offers. It was fun for me. I thank PBR for helping me with the Top Prospect Games and some of the other Scout Day events.”
Youngstown State is the lucky recipient of a player who believes he can bring a lot to the program.
“They’re going to get a guy who will work as hard as he possibly can,” the 72nd-ranked 2023 in Ohio said. “I want to win and will do as much as I can to help the team win.”
Domke called the decision to commit to Youngstown State “an amazing feeling” when all was said and done.
“I’ve been working toward this my entire life,” Domke noted. “I had family and friends that showed a lot of support and it is great to finally reach my dream.”
Finance or accounting will be the college major for Domke, a 4.3 student pleased to be going to a school located less than an hour from home.
“I’m looking forward to playing all the big schools and seeing the differences in the competition from high school to college,” Domke concluded. “I can’t wait to meet new people and just have fun playing at the next level.”
- Long Recruiting Process Comes To An End For Domke - Nov 14, 2022
- Results From 2022 Top Prospect Games - Jun 15, 2022
- 2022 Top Prospect Games - Quick Hits - Jun 15, 2022
- 2022 Scout Day: T3 Warhawks - Quick Hits - Feb 28, 2022
- 2022 Organizational Spotlight: T3 Warhawks - Feb 18, 2022
- Results From 2022 Scout Day: T3 Warhawks - Feb 14, 2022
- Domke Ready To Provide Strong Work Ethic To College Program - Jan 25, 2022
- 2021 Ohio State Games - Quick Hits - Oct 13, 2021
- Results From 2021 Ohio State Games - Oct 12, 2021
- 2021 Ohio State Games - Preview - Oct 4, 2021
- Results From 2021 Ohio Top Prospect Games - Jun 10, 2021
- 2021 Ohio Top Prospect Games - Advanced Analytics: The Arms - Jun 10, 2021
- 2021 Ohio Top Prospect Games - Advanced Analytics: The Bats - Jun 10, 2021
- 2020 Northern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Advanced Metrics w/Trackman and Blast Tech - Jul 27, 2020
- 2020 Northern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Quick Hits - Jul 27, 2020
- Results From 2020 Northern Ohio Top Prospect Games - Jul 23, 2020
- 2020 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Complete Evaluations - Feb 15, 2020
- 2020 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Quick Hits - Feb 7, 2020
- 2020 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Advanced Hitting/Pitching Metrics - Feb 5, 2020
- Results from 2020 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Feb 3, 2020
- 2019 Northern Ohio Fall Limited Series - Scout Blog - Sep 13, 2019
- 2019 Northern Ohio Fall Limited Series - Pitching Velocities - Sep 12, 2019
- 2019 Northern Ohio Fall Limited Series - Quick Hits - Sep 12, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Complete Evaluations - Mar 3, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Top Performers - Feb 8, 2019
- 2019 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Sneak Peek - Feb 8, 2019
- Results from 2019 Scout Day: Lake Erie Warhawks - Feb 6, 2019
- OH Scott Excited About Brotherhood Ahead At Maine 11/28/23
- OH Knupp Finds A Lot To Like About Eastern Michigan 11/28/23
- OH Decision To Focus On Pitching Proves Beneficial For Milligan 11/28/23
- OH Sudbrook Thrilled To Join His Brother At Toledo 11/28/23
- OH Hagen Excited About ‘Unique Experience’ Ahead At West Virginia’ 11/20/23
- OH Results From 2023 Ohio Unsigned Senior Showcase (Charity Event) 11/20/23
- OH Tarnowski Ready To Make An Impact At Central Michigan 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 1 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 2 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 3 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23