2021 Connecticut Top Prospect Games - Quick Hits
July 15, 2021
We would like to thank all who participated in The PBR New England 2021 Connecticut Top Prospect Games. This was a great opportunity for 2022-2025 prospects to be put on college recruiting boards. Many players impressed during their individual workouts at the showcase. Below we have the complete statistical results from the event as well as the top performers across various different categories.
Interested in attending a PBR New England event? Check out our schedule by clicking here.
2021 Connecticut Top Prospect Games - Quick Hits
- Zion Fraser, RHP, Ledyard, 2023- A right-handed pitcher, up to 83 mph, a quick easy arm, sink and ride to the fastball. Mixed in a hard survey breaker at 73 mph, can really spin it.
- Austin Ouellette, RHP, Lewis Mills, 2022- A right-handed pitcher, quick arm with a ton more in there, heavy sink to his 81 mph fastball. Mixed in a harder breaker at 72 mph, shows feel for changeup, is super athletic look for a jump.
- Matthew Reyes, RHP, St. Thomas More, 2022- A super clean right-hander, mixes all 4 pitches, fastball at 85 mph. The arm action is free and easy, a strike throwing machine.
- Carson Brown, RHP, Old Saybrook, 2022- A right-handed pitcher, up to 75 mph, with heavy sink and life to the baseball.
- Gabriel Silva, RHP, Brookfield, 2022- A right-handed pitcher, super clean and fast arm, fastball up to 86 mph. Mixed in a hard breaker at 74 mph, dominated his outing.
- Ian Mihalopoulos, RHP, Cromwell, 2023- A quick arm, quick tempo delivery, attacks, up to 82 mph, showed a survey breaker.
- Matthew McDowell, RHP, Brookfield, 2025- Only a 2025, a right-handed pitcher, with a big time arm, fastball at 82-84 mph. Look for him to be the next big arm out of CT.
- Vincent Velez, RHP, Norwalk, 2022- A right-handed pitcher, fatball up to 84 mph, survey breaking ball, at 64 mph, mixed in a splitter as well. Tons of potential.
- Harrison Lombardi, RHP, Berlin, 2022- A quick arm right-handed pitcher, attacks at a high level. Fastball at 81 mph, harder breaker at 71 mph. An athlete, look for a continued climb with stuff.
- Rosario Tine Jr., RHP, Wethersfield, 2022- A right-handed pitcher, clean arm, shows a fastball at 79 mph, breaking ball is an out pitch. Will be a big time arm out of the bullpen for someone.
- Jeremy Urena, RHP, Johnston Senior, 2022- A right-handed pitcher, super clean and quick arm, fastball up to 86 mph. Mixed in a harder slider at 73 mph. An athlete, body and movements are athletic, look for a climb in velocity.
- Benjamin Cherry, RHP, Manchester, 2022- A big framed 2022 arm, throws a heavy fastball at 85 mph, mixed in a survey breaker at 66-67 mph. Look for him to throw with velocity, raw and ton more there.
- Caleb Martinek, RHP, The Macduffie School, 2022- A right-hander, got the fastball up 85 mph, slider at 78 mph, throws a heavy ball, looks to be hard to square up.
- Dylan Kennedy-Fujah, OF, Cheshire Academy, 2024- A right-handed hitting outfielder, a burner on the bases, can really move, and ran a 6.95. Offensively, drove the baseball all over the yard, had multiple hits in the game, including a home run.
- Brian Kiska, 1B/OF, Amity, 2023- A left-handed hitter, slap approach to all fields, an above average runner at 6.96. Defensively, moves well at first base.
- Max Jossen, C, Staples, 2024- A powerful right-handed hitting catcher, runs well for a catcher at 7.0, with a pop time of 1.94-2.10. Gap to gap approach at the plate.
- Devin Fuegan, 1B, Wolcott, 2022- A monster left-handed hitter, gap to gap juice, swung the bat very well in game play with multiple hits. Moves well around the bag at first base.
- Oliver Merced, 3B, Weston, 2023- A left-handed hitter, line drives all over the field, balanced approach, with serious potential to hit and hit with some power.
- Gabriel Silva, SS, Brookfield, 2022- A right-handed hitting middle infielder, ran well at 6.85, plus arm across the diamond, with pop in his hands. One of the better players at this event.
- Kevin Milewski, C, Notre Dame of WH, 2023- A big right-handed hitting catcher, exit velocity of 95 mph, plus pop to all fields. Plenty of arm strength behind the dish at 76 mph, 1.95-2.1o. Swung the bat well in game play.
- Antonio Belgrove, OF, Fairfield Prep, 2023- A left-handed outfielder, a toolsy type player, a sub 7 runner. Line drive swings to the gaps, moves well in the outfield. Huge upside to him.
- Samuel Benedict, SS, Glastonbury, 2022- A left-handed hitting middle infielder, super smooth defensively with a good arm across the diamond, clocked at 83mph. Pivot is above average around the bag. At the plate, the swing is short and compact, line drive to all fields.
- Nathan Bowes, C, Tolland, 2023- A right-handed hitting catcher, showed very well. Pop time of 1.95-2.07, arm at 75 mph. Multiple hits, with good at bats. The swing is short and quick, took a huge jump from last year.
- NEW ENGLAND Andrews Ecstatic To Have Opportunity From Northeastern 11/29/23
- NEW ENGLAND Rovinelli Will Bring Competitiveness To Columbia 11/28/23
- NEW ENGLAND Hard Working Iovino Staying Close To Home At Merrimack 11/28/23
- NEW ENGLAND Commitment To UConn ‘A Dream Come True” For Margolies 11/20/23
- NEW ENGLAND Gray Excited For Baseball Life Ahead At Sacred Heart 11/20/23
- NEW ENGLAND Results From 2023 Scout Day: Berkshire Bears 11/20/23
- NEW ENGLAND Rembish Excited To Play In The South At Wofford 11/16/23
- NEW ENGLAND Fagnant Continues Family Tradition In The Sport Of Baseball 11/15/23
- NEW ENGLAND Signing Period- Division 1 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- NEW ENGLAND Mulligan Thrilled To Play D-I College Baseball Close To Home 11/13/23