2018 Future Games: Team Florida Pitcher Only Breakdown
August 20, 2018
The 2018 Future Games is the largest uncommitted event in the country, with over 400 players and 253 coaches and scouts in attendance. The event consists of a workout day and three games. Team Florida played three games and we will take a look at each player from 2018 Team Florida. Today, we take a look at the three pitcher only's.
Chase Centala RHP / 1B / Sickles, FL / 2020
Rankings StateRank: 68 / POS: 16
Committing to South Florida shortly after the event, Centala was one of the more impressing arms for Team Florida. The strocky, strong right hander has a strong lower half and overall clean mechanically. The arm is action is clean, he gets to extension and works downhill with the fastball at 86-88 mph. He has shown more velocity in the past, but has a feel to pitch down in the zone, with present life and would expect to see the velocity continue to climb.The slider was his best secondary pitch, working at 77-79 mph with depth. Also, showed a feel for a changeup 77-78 mph. Centala would strike out four in his three innings of work and overall has the makings of a weekend arm at the next level.
Luke Baker LHP / Buchholz, FL / 2020
Rankings StateRank: 23 / POS: 5
Uncommitted, an ultra projectable 6-foot-6, 196 pound left hander, Baker continues to be on the upswing. The frame continues to fill out, while the delivery continues to become more in sync and on time a separation to release. He repeats well and filled up the zone for his three innings. He showed ability to compete, with three average to above average pitches. The fastball worked 85-86 mph early and commanded down to both sides of the plate. Attacked in with the pitch to right handers. Has a feel for both offspeed pitches, the curveball has quality shape at 71-73 mph and showed a feel for an above average changeup at 77 mph. Overall, he continues to make big strides, shows present feel to pitch and overall an extremely high ceiling.
Mason Miller LHP / 1B / JW Mitchell, FL / 2020
Rankings StateRank: 52 / POS: 7
Uncommitted, listed a 6-foot-2, 185 pounds, he has a very lean, athletic and projectable frame that continues to add strength. Showing extremely strong early in his outing, the command faltered some later, but overall showed a huge upside. He has an extremely, easy and clean 3/4 arm action. The fastball worked 87-89 mph early and has easy life. He also would show a slider that showed above average with upside at 73-75 mph and a changeup at 80-81 mph. Miller would strike out two in his three innings of work. Overall, the arm talent is extremely high and as he continues to log innings he has an extremely high ceiling.
- FL Florida 2026 Rankings: Fall Update 12/06/23
- FL 2023 Top Tier Roos Tryout: Data Dive, Position Players 12/06/23
- FL 2023 Top Tier Roos Tryout: Data Dive, Pitchers 12/05/23
- FL 2023 Top Tier Roos Tryout: Statistical Analysis 12/04/23
- FL Florida 2025 Rankings: Fall Update 11/29/23
- FL Tampa Catholic Scout Day: Standouts 11/22/23
- FL Tampa Catholic Scout Day: Statistical Analysis 11/20/23
- FL Florida 2024 Rankings: Fall Update 11/15/23
- FL 2023 Rising Stars State Games: Data Dive, Position Players 11/01/23
- FL 2023 Rising Stars State Games: Data Dive, Pitchers 10/31/23
- FL 2023 Rising Stars State Games: Statistical Analysis 10/30/23
- FL 2023 Rising Stars State Games: Preview 10/27/23
- FL 2023 Sophomore State Games: Data Dive, Position Players 10/25/23
- FL 2023 Sophomore State Games: Data Dive, Pitchers 10/24/23
- FL 2023 Sophomore State Games: Statistical Analysis 10/23/23