2023 Ranking Riser: Spencer Hatch
December 28, 2020
The 2023 Class Rankings Update saw a shake up in Nevada's Top 10 with the state's top 5 prospects landing in the National Top 300. With Faith Lutheran/LVR product, Zane Kelly, holding tight onto the #1 spot, followed by two high ceiling right handers in Meadow's LJ Mercurius and Bishop Gorman's Kamdyn Perry who sit in the #2 and #3 spots, respectively. Nevada's 2023 Class has the chance to be the next "BIG" class with the depth of talent present not only in the Top 10, but in the Top 25 and beyond evident by the rising of two new prospects who earned their spot among the best players in the state in the PBR Nevada Top 10. Now, we highlight the 2023 Ranking Risers with a number of prospects trending positively after successful Summer and Fall seasons.
Faith Lutheran product, Spencer Hatch, announced presence on the mound at the Nevada Top Prospect earlier this summer where showcased his low effort, repeatable delivery with an effective two pitch mix that includes a fastball up to 84 mph while sitting 81-83 mph and a projectable breaking ball that ranges from 67-71 with flashes of back up action. In his most recent performance for Team Nevada, Hatch faced off against Southern California powerhouse, Orange Lutheran, keeping them off balance locating both of his pitches in the zone, holding their bats at bay during his 4 innings of work. His lean, athletic frame projects to add significant strength and size in the coming years with his velocity and effectiveness expects to parallel his physical development and Prep Baseball Report will be there to cover it all.
2023 @PBR_Uncommitted LHP, Spencer Hatch, living in the zone with this FB (81-82 mph) / CB (69-71 mph) mix. One of the most polished arms in NV’s ‘23 Class out of @Baseball_FLHS, was up to 84 at the @PBR_Nevada Top Prospect event #BeSeen @ShooterHunt | @lvrbaseball pic.twitter.com/kTHVVbjdvX— Brett Harrison (@B_HarrisonPBR) December 12, 2020
Body: 6-foot-0, 163 pounds. Athletic, slender build. Has some twitch. Room to add strength and size. Projects to add to his numbers as he continues to develop physically.
Defense: OF. Clean actions coming through the ball. Feet work to get around the ball and get him on line. Exchanges chest high. Stays mostly upright through the throwing process. Projects as a corner outfielder with current footspeed.
Arm: LH. 74 mph. Quick, high ¾ arm action. Some carry. Accurate.
Hit: LHH. Tall, open set up. Small leg kick to bring him back to square with slight arm bar. Efficient path into the zone with some natural lift through extension. High one handed finish. Power potential to the pull side. Can drive the ball to both gaps. Middle of the order type bat.
Power: 91 mph Exit Velocity via TrackMan
Run: 7.48 Laser Timed 60
Delivery: Tall, hybrid start. Clean, low effort delivery. Chest high peaking leg kick with slight coil. Lands slightly across his body. Throwing over a high front side. Staying tall throughout his delivery falling slightly towards the 3B side after his follow through. Polished for his age.
Arm Action: LH. Quick, clean arm action. Repeats well. ¾ arm slot.
FB: Max 84 mph. Sat 78-84 mph. Avg. Spin Rate - 1994 RPM. Downhill action. Lives down in the zone. Located well during his outing.
CB: 67-71 mph. Avg. Spin Rate - 1879 RPM. 1/7 shape. Flashes some back up action.
- Top Uncommitted Senior: LHP Spencer Hatch - Apr 26, 2023
- (#10) Liberty vs. (#4) Faith Lutheran - Game Notes - Apr 18, 2023
- Southern Nevada Preseason ID: TrackMan Pitching Leaders - Feb 10, 2023
- Top Uncommitted 2023: Pitchers - Jan 6, 2023
- West Coast Games | Team Nevada: Pitching Stat Leaders - Aug 17, 2022
- West Coast Games | Team Nevada: Primary Pitchers - Aug 9, 2022
- Faith Lutheran Scout Day: Stat Leaderboard - Jan 26, 2022
- Future Games: Pitching Recap - Aug 6, 2021
- Future Games: Team Nevada Pitchers - Jul 26, 2021
- Five to Know: Uncommitted 2023 Primary Pitchers - Jun 14, 2021
- Southern Nevada Open: Statistical Analysis - Mar 16, 2021
- Southern Nevada Open: Quick Hits - Mar 15, 2021
- 2023 Ranking Riser: Spencer Hatch - Dec 28, 2020
- Nevada Top Prospect: Pitcher Analysis - Nov 24, 2020
- Nevada Top Prospect: Outfield Analysis - Nov 20, 2020