Elite Prospect Showcase Spotlight: 2020 C Jayden Taitano
October 5, 2018
An event that began in 2013 moves into its 6th year of existence with many of the top uncommitted prospects in the tri-state region getting together at Keystone State Baseball Academy in Manheim on October 27th. The Elite Prospect Showcase has seen 186 players go on to make college commitments in just its first five years of existence.
The 2018 roster is a work in progress and will not be released until registrations close in Mid-October. CLICK HERE to be directed to the registration page for complete event details.
Today we preview one of a number of talented position players scheduled to participate.
7/10/18 - Physical 5-foot-10, 185-pound right-handed hitter starts his swing from a square stance and utilizes a heel-raise stride to initiate his lower half. Repeats swing path well with a solid hip turn and a slightly uphill path through the zone that creates back spin. Registered the top bat exit velocity of the event at 91 mph. Ran a 7.50 60-yard dash and showcase pop times of 2.10-2.18 on throws of 74 mph from the crouch. Displayed quick feet and a clean transition during defensive workout and a quiet receiving hand during bullpen evaluations. Shows leadership qualities and willingness to be vocal behind the plate.
6/20/18 - Physical 5-foot-10, 185-pound right-handed hitter. Starts from a square stance and initiates his swing with a lift-and-replace stride. Aggressive hip turn leads to above average barrel whip with a registered bat exit velocity of 88 mph. Took an impressive round of batting practice displaying present gap-to-gap pop. Ran a 7.30 60-yard dash and showcased pop times of 2.03-2.12 on throws of 75 mph from the crouch. Received well in game action displaying a quiet glove hand and a wide base for blocking. Also has the ability to slide out from behind the plate and handle duties at 3B. Athletic all-around skill set should continue to develop as frame fills out.
1/28/18 - 5-foot-10, 175-pound right-handed hitter starts from a square stance and initiates his swing from a lift-and-replace stride. Showcased an aggressive hip-turn and the ability to create back spin with present power to the pull side. Registered a bat exit velocity of 91 mph. Injury kept him from working out defensively on this date. Ran a 7.33 60-yard dash.
12/30/17 - 5-foot-10, 175-pound right-handed hitter starts from a square stance and initiates his swing with a lift-and-replace stride. Showcased a solid hip-turn and a direct swing path that led to the top bat exit velocity of the day at 91 mph. Registered pop times of 2.11-2.20 on throws of 71 mph from the crouch and capable glove work at third base with accurate 75 mph arm strength across the diamond. Ran a 7.42 60-yard dash.
- PBR Limited Series Review: Top Catching Prospects - Jul 3, 2019
- Eastern PA Top Prospect Games Analysis: Black Team - Jun 23, 2019
- Eastern PA Top Prospect Games Complete Results - Jun 20, 2019
- Eastern PA Top Prospect Games: Finalized Roster & Schedule - Jun 14, 2019
- The Year in Review: Top Offensive Performances at a PBR Event - Dec 17, 2018
- Elite Prospect Showcase: Catcher Analysis - Oct 30, 2018
- Elite Prospect Showcase Complete Results - Oct 28, 2018
- Elite Prospect Showcase Spotlight: 2020 C Jayden Taitano - Oct 5, 2018
- Eastern PA College Prospect Showcase: Class of 2020 Position Player Analysis - Jul 15, 2018
- Eastern PA College Prospect Showcase: Complete Results - Jul 12, 2018
- 2018 Eastern PA Top Prospect Games Analysis: Red Team - Jun 22, 2018
- 2018 Eastern PA Top Prospect Games: Complete Results - Jun 21, 2018
- 2018 Preseason All-State Showcase Analysis: Class of 2020 Position Players - Feb 3, 2018
- 2018 Preseason All-State Showcase: Complete Results - Jan 30, 2018
- PBR Evaluation & Measurables Showcase Analysis: Class of 2020 Position Players - Jan 6, 2018
- PBR Evaluation & Measurables Showcase Complete Results - Dec 31, 2017
ELITE PROSPECT SHOWCASE RECORDS
Dominic Peroni, 3B, Laurel Highlands (PA), 2016 - 92 mph (Potomac State JC, WV sophomore)
Austin Bradbury, OF, Cedar Cliff HS (PA), 2019 - 91 mph (Liberty University commit)
Zack Minnich, C/RHP, Logan HS (WV), 2015 - 82 mph (Campbell University junior)
Catcher Pop Time:
Wes Carson, C/3B, Marriotts Ridge HS (MD), 2014 - 1.95 (Indiana University of Pennsylvania senior)
WHEN: Sunday, Ocotober 28, 2018
WHERE: Keystone State Baseball Academy - 662 Ditz Drive, Manheim, PA 17545 (Home of Prep Baseball Report Pennsylvania)
CLICK HERE to view complete details and to request an invitation to participate.
|PBR Evaluation & Measurables Showcase||PA||10/7||Keystone State Baseball Academy (Manheim)|
|Elite Prospect Showcase (Invite Only)||PA||10/27||Keystone State Baseball Academy (Manheim)|
|PBR Mid-Atlantic ProCase (Invite Only)||PA||10/28||Keystone State Baseball Academy (Manheim)|
- PA 2023 Year in Review: PA Trackman Pitching Leaderboard (Class of '24) 12/07/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2026 1B/RHP Timmy Joos (North Catholic) 12/07/23
- PA PA 2026 Rankings Update 12/06/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2025 SS/RHP Peyton Vancas (Bellefonte) 12/05/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2025 3B/RHP Vincent Campoli (Fairview) 12/04/23