PBR Fall Kickoff Showcase Tournament Recap: Team PBR
August 26, 2019
The annual Fall Kickoff Showcase tournament took place August 16-18 at Cooper Park on the campus of Millersville University.
Today we begin a recap of the teams that participated and some of the top performers on each roster.
Top Pitching performances
- Facing the top offensive lineup in the tournament, the Allegheny Pirates, 2021 LHP Carter Welch (Northwestern Lehigh) faced the minimum over two innings of work retiring three hitters on ground balls and three more via strikeout. The member of Team PA at the 2019 PBR Future Games sat 83-85 while commanding his 1/7 breaking curveball at 62-65 and an above average changeup at 69-70.
- 2021 RHP/1B Daniel Kanagy (East Juniata) worked three scoreless innings sitting 80-82 from a high 3/4 arm slot with arm-side run to his fastball. He struck out four and allowed just one hit while commanding a two-plane curveball with 11/5 rotation at 67-68 and a changeup at 69-70.
- 2021 OF/RHP Grant Smeltzer (Central York) worked four scoreless innings sitting 80-82 from a high 3/4 arm slot. He struck out two and allowed just one hit while also showing advanced feel for his changeup with good sell at 72-74.
- 2020 RHP/SS Levi Clemens (North Marion, WV) worked three scoreless innings sitting 80-84 our of a compact, high 3/4 arm slot. He struck out three and allowed four hits while also showing solid feel for his curveball at 70-73 with 11/5 rotation.
- 2020 RHP David Linsalata (Archbishop Wood) sat 77-78 from a high 3/4 arm slot while mixing a curveball at 65/66 and a splitter at 70-73 effectively. The uncommitted senior worked three scoreless innings striking out two while allowing two hits.
Top Hitting Performances
- SS/OF Spencer Butz (York Suburban) is a 6.50 runner currently ranked No. 75 in the PA Class of 2021 The right-handed hitter led the Team PBR offense going 5-for-8 with a triple, four runs scored, two stolen bases and three RBI over three games. Butz also flashed athleticism at shortstop and in the outfield with the ability to play multiple defensive positions at the next level.
- 2020 2B/SS Jack Gannon (La Salle) went 3-for-5 with three walks over the course of three games. The right-handed hitter scored one run, drove in a run and played solid defensive in the middle of the diamond for Team PBR.
- 2021 2B/SS Riley Thomas (Dallastown Area) went 4-for-8 with two runs scored over the course of two days. The right-handed hitter has above average barrel awareness and put together competitive at bats all weekend.
|2019 Fall Scout Day (Various Travel Organizations)||PA||09/07||Keystone State Baseball Academy|
|2019 Future Prospects Showcase||PA||10/19||Keystone State Baseball Academy|
|2019 Elite Prospect Showcase||PA||10/26||Keystone State Baseball Academy|
|2019 Fall Measurables & Evaluation Showcase||PA||11/02||Keystone State Baseball Academy|
|2019 Holiday Showcase||PA||12/28||Keystone State Baseball Academy|
- PA 2023 Year in Review: PA Trackman Pitching Leaderboard (Class of '24) 12/07/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2026 1B/RHP Timmy Joos (North Catholic) 12/07/23
- PA PA 2026 Rankings Update 12/06/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2025 SS/RHP Peyton Vancas (Bellefonte) 12/05/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2025 3B/RHP Vincent Campoli (Fairview) 12/04/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2026 RHP/OF Keller Bradley (Pennsbury) 11/30/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2026 RHP Ryan Schoppy (Susquenita) 11/29/23