Area Code Games: Day 2
August 7, 2019
2020 C Tyler Soderstrom (Turlock) - UCLA commit. 6-foot-2, 188 pounds lean athletic build with athleticism. Soderstrom has continued to show why he's one of the top catchers in the entire state looking comfortable at the plate on Monday lining out and tripling. Even though the A’s didn’t play today, he stood out working through three solid rounds of batting practice showing plus bat speed and flashing plus raw power as he popped a few big HR. During the rounds he worked the middle and pullside of the field making loud contact and getting the barrel through the zone.
2020 INF Nick Yorke (Archbishop Mitty) - Arizona commit. 6-foot, 195 pounds medium frame, athletic build with present strength. Yorke has been one of our favorite players to cover and showed the big league tools in the swing during batting practice. Consistently put good wood on the baseball as he drove balls throughout the field flashing above average raw power with a few home runs and easy carry through the gaps. Yorke has a knack for finding barrels in games doing the same thing during batting practice.
2020 1B Michael Brown (Vacaville HS) - Washington commit. Brown has an impressive stature standing in at 6-foot-5, 225 pounds with length and strength in the build. Brown showed off his plus raw power as he easily drove the ball all over the field and deep over the fence. The ball explodes off the barrel showing the power is no joke; hit a couple that were very high and long with the big-boy strength we've seen at the NorCal ProCase and in season. The last two days Brown has put himself squarely in the conversation as one of the top players to watch during the event and over the 2020 season.
2020 INF Tommy Troy (Los Gatos) - Stanford commit. Medium, full build with current strength. Troy showed well during batting practice working gap-to-gap and showing easy carry from a quick, compact bat. Troy showed us he had pop during the NorCal ProCase and today was a similar showing driving balls deep into gaps and over the fence.
2020 OF Chase Davis (Franklin) - Arizona commit. Lanky, full large build. Davis started slow making loud contact during the first round, looking like he was rushing to get to the baseball. That all changed in the 2nd round where Davis unloaded on the baseball driving moonshots over the wall in RCF and RF with ease; he found his rhythm and timing allowing his body to work in sequence and the barrel to work upwards through the zone. When his swing is on time, the raw power is easy plus and the contact is very loud.
|California State Games||CA||08/17||Vanguard University|
|Kern County Prospect I.D.||CA||09/07||Cal State Bakersfield|
|SoCal Prospect Games||CA||09/14||JSerra High School|
|NorCal Top Prospect Games||CA||09/21||College of Marin|
|Rising Stars Showcase||CA||09/21||Santiago High School|
|N. CA Uncommitted Senior Games||CA||10/06||College of Marin|
- CA PBR California 2023 Leaderboards: Fastball 11/28/23
- CA Class of 2024 Rankings Update 11/15/23
- CA San Diego Fall ID: Positional Leaderboards 11/13/23
- CA San Diego Fall ID: Swift Running Leaderboards 11/10/23
- CA San Diego Fall ID: TrackMan Hitting Leaderboards 11/08/23
- CA NorCal Underclass Game: Pitcher Reports 11/08/23
- CA San Diego Fall ID: Quick Hits 11/06/23
- CA SoCal Underclass Games: Outfielder Reports 11/06/23
- CA NorCal Underclass Game: INF/OF Reports 11/02/23
- CA NorCal Uncommitted Spotlights 11/01/23
- CA NorCal Underclass Game: Catchers Reports 10/31/23
- CA NorCal Uncommitted Games: Positional Leaderboards 10/27/23
- CA SoCal Uncommitted Games: Positional Leaderboards 10/26/23
- CA NorCal Uncommitted Games: Swift Running Leaderboards 10/25/23
- CA SoCal Uncommitted Games: Swift Running Leaderboards 10/24/23
- CA NorCal Uncommitted Games: Quick Hits; Others to Know 10/23/23
- CA NorCal Uncommitted Games: TrackMan Pitching Leaderboards 10/22/23
- CA SoCal Uncommitted Games: TrackMan Pitching Leaderboards 10/20/23
- CA NorCal Uncommitted Games: TrackMan Hitting Leaderboards 10/19/23
- CA SoCal Uncommitted Games: TrackMan Hitting Leaderboards 10/18/23