John Logan CC, IL Scout Day
October 5, 2018
Prospect notes from Scout Day on Monday, Sept 1. For more prospect insights on John Logan CC, please see Puma Classic- Day Two from earlier this fall.
Keegan Breese, 5’11/160, L/R, SO, INF
Third year sophomore, attended Murray State for one semester. Ran a 7.12 on the day and showed strong actions defensively. Showed arm strength to play on the left side and hands to play anywhere on the infield. Left handed swing showed line drive plane to all fields.
Hunter Combs, 5’10/200, R/R, SO, C
Strong showing behind the dish throwing a 1.92 to go along with his 1.88 and 1.96 in game pop in Indianapolis. Used a short compact swing to go gap to gap with the bat. Verbal commitment to Indiana U.
Ashton Creal, 6’1/205, R/R, SO, OF
Ran a 6.58 and a 6.54 showed a strong arm from CF and flashed plus bat speed and easy pop with the bat.
Joe Darlin, 6’4/215, SO, RHP
Was 86-88 on scout day, a tick down from his 87-90 from the Puma Classic in Indianapolis. Showed command and action on a change-up. Flashed a developing slider.
Sammy Frontino, 5’10/180, R/R, SO, INF
Strong defensive actions showing off an above average arm with a couple deep throws from the hole. Ran a 6.96 and a 6.93 and drove the ball with some lift to the middle of the field.
Zach Parks, 6’3/190, L/R, SO, OF
Transfer from UT-RGV. Big left handed hitting outfielder demonstrated plus arm strength from RF and ran a 7.19. Bat path stays long through the zone to drive the ball with gap power. Untapped power coming in this bat.
Andy Peters, 6’1/185, SO, RHP
Very athletic RHP showcased an easy arm going 92-94 with the fastball. Slider showed shape and showed plenty of feel with his change up. Verbal commitment to South Carolina.
Jeff Purnell, 6’3/215, SO, RHP
Third-year sophomore. Transfer from Morehead State. Pitched at 88-90 during scout day. Showed depth on a swing and miss curveball and a developing change up.
Johnny Ray, 6’3/205, R-FR, RHP
Transfer from Illinois State University where he red-shirted after undergoing TJ surgery in June ‘17. Athletic RHP was 92-94 mph on scout day, have seen 95 earlier this fall. Showed two different breaking balls in a slider and curveball along with a change-up with plenty of dip late in the zone.
Austin Ruesch, 6’4/215, SO, RHP
Transfer from Evansville. Ruesch was his typical self pitching at 89-91 mph. Showcased his swing and miss splitty and a controlled curveball throwing all pitches for strikes.
Hunter Sullivan, 6’0/190, L/R, SO, RHP/INF
Third year sophomore. Transfer from Louisville. Legitimate, athletic two-way player showed his ability to command a fastball at 89-91 and been as high as 94 this fall. Shows feel for both a slider and a change up. Uses a quick bat to drive the ball gap to gap, wearing out the opposite field gap.
Cooper Trinkle, 5’10/180, R/R, SO, INF
Transfer from Evansville. Ran a 6.57 and a 6.6 on the day and showed solid actions on the infield. Drove the ball from gap to gap with an aggressive swing.
Sam Zarling, 6’0/215, R/R, SO, OF
Physical outfielder ran two 6.9’s and showed some juice with the bat and the ability to drive the ball out of the park. Flashed a strong arm from LF.
Andrew Zenner, 6’5/210, SO, RHP
Showcased his usual three-pitch mix with deception and movement down in the zone. Throws nothing straight and pounds the bottom of the zone with a fastball at 80-83 mph, slider and a change-up, all from a low ¾, borderline sidearm slot.
- PBRPlus Prep Baseball JUCO Wire: Heat Sheet - Fall 2023 12/01/23
- OK NOC ENID Scout Day Pitching Leaderboards 10/30/23
- OK NOC Enid Scout Day Position Player Stat Story 10/30/23
- PBRPlus 2023 PBR KC JUCO Showcase: Takeaways, Position Players 10/02/23
- PBRPlus 2023 PBR KC JUCO Showcase: Takeaways, Pitchers 9/29/23
- PBRPlus 2023 Puma Classic, Takeaways: Pitchers 9/21/23
- PBRPlus 2023 Puma Classic, Takeaways: Position Players 9/21/23
- OK NOC Tonkawa Scout Day Pitching Leaderboard 9/20/23
- OK NOC Tonkawa Scout Day Hitting Leaderboard 9/19/23
- PBRPlus Region X: Southeast JUCO Jamboree 9/15/23
- PBRPlus 2023 Puma Classic: Saturday Preview 9/13/23
- PBRPlus 2023 Puma Classic: Friday Preview 9/13/23
- PBRPlus 2023 MLB Draft: JUCO Picks 7/11/23
- PBRPlus PBR JUCO: Top 50 Draft Prospects 6/21/23
- PBRPlus 2023 NJCAA World Series, Div. I Preview 5/25/23
- PBRPlus PBR JUCO: NJCAA D2 Pitching/Hitting Leaderboard 5/17/23
- PBRPlus PBR JUCO: NJCAA D1 Pitching/Hitting Leaderboard 5/16/23
- PBRPlus PBR JUCO: NJCAA D1 Top 25 Rankings (May Update) 5/05/23
- PBRPlus PBR JUCO: Midseason Top 60 Prospects 4/11/23
- PBRPlus PBR JUCO: NJCAA D2 Top 25 Rankings Update 4/06/23