Most Viewed Player Profiles of 2019: #10 - Jack Kochanowicz
December 4, 2019
After drilling down into our google analytics we have compiled a list of the ten most visited Pennsylvania profiles on the Prep Baseball Report website in 2019. During the month of December we will be counting down to number one. Today we begin with the 10th most viewed player profile of the calendar year (1,665 views).
Class of 2019 / RHP
Graduating Class: 2019
Primary Position: RHPSecondary Position: SS
High School: HarritonState: PA
- Summer Team: Team Phenom
Height: 6-6Weight: 199lbs
- Bat/Throw: L/R
(Jupiter) Kochanowicz was hot out of the gate, sitting 90-94 with life through the zone. He struck out two in the first and worked around a couple walks in the second, but faltered in the third with three walks and a hit batter before exiting. He mixed in a curveball that showed 12/6 to 11/5 shape with depth at 74-75, though it was inconsistent and he didn't command it well. He also flashed a changeup at 85 with some comeback sink. His fastball was 87-89 in the third.
(Area Code Games): Kochanowicz started and went three innings, allowing two unearned runs on a hit and a walk while striking out three. He pitched with regular effort at 90-93 and mixed in a curveball with gradual break and depth at 73-77. It went between 11/5 and 10/4 shape. He also showed a changeup at 87.
(Tournament of Stars): started for Brave and went 3.2 innings, allowing two runs on four hits and two walks while striking out two. He has a tall, long and lanky frame at 6-foot-6, 199 pounds. He has a high leg kick and hitchy arm action, but gets downhill with his fastball at times, which was 89-93. His curveball was inconsistent, but flashed sharp break, near 12/6 shape, at 75-76.
Delivered the day’s first pitch with a firm, 91 mph fastball. Standing tall on the mound at 6-foot-6, 210-pounds, Kochanowicz utilized his height well by getting on top of the ball and creating a downward plane. His fastball sat 87-91 as he pitched effectively to both sides of the plate while elevating, at times. The long-limbed Kochanowicz featured a smooth, steady delivery which he repeated with ease, and allowed him to strike out eight in six and change scoreless innings. His curveball took 11/5 shape at 74-77, and he showed the ability to throw it for strikes. However, it was Kochanowicz’s fastball that was the difference maker, and it was overpowering at times.
More extended look at the 6-foot-6 Virginia commit than the five-pitch outing we saw earlier this spring. Easy delivery with long levers, but not a lot to get out of sync. Held fastball at 86-88 for four innings, touching 89 mph early, with more in the tank as he matures. The pitch has sink on the armside of the plate, although flattens out on the gloveside, as he will spin off toward the first base line at times. Tendency to slow everything down on secondary stuff, including a change-up at 77-78 and a curveball at 71-72 that was fairly flat on this day, as he routinely dropped his elbow slot and got around it.
6-foot-6, 195-pounder is verbally committed to Virginia. Brief five-pitch appearance to notch a save with a runner on second base and no outs in a 1-0 game. FB sat 86-87, while he mixed in a slurvy breaking ball at 67-70 with more sweeping action than depth.
5/25/16 - Lean frame with long legs. Pitched out of a high three-quarter slot entirely from the stretch. Deliberate, chest-high leg lift, clean arm action, with some arm speed and athleticism on finish. FB sat 81-84. Tended to get his fingers on the side of his CB at 67-69, causing it to have more horizontal, sweeping break than depth. Flashed a solid CH with some sink later in his outing.
- Most Viewed Player Profiles of 2019: #10 - Jack Kochanowicz - Dec 4, 2019
- Pennsylvania Draft Recap: First Ten Rounds - Jun 5, 2019
- Pennsylvania Draft Preview - May 23, 2019
- Four Hits For Newell, Two For Siani - May 12, 2019
- Diamond Notes (Week Five) - Apr 29, 2019
- 2019 Spring Team Preview: Harriton Rams - Mar 20, 2019
- Pennsylvania Class of 2019 Rankings Update - Dec 3, 2018
- 2018 Area Code Games: Wednesday Notebook - Aug 9, 2018
- 2018 TOS: Tuesday Notebook - Jun 20, 2018
- 2019 Draft Follows - Jun 13, 2018
- Impact 2019's From Updated Rankings - Nov 22, 2017
- Updated 2019 Overall Rankings Released - Nov 21, 2017
- 2019s On The Rise - Nov 15, 2017
- Fall 2017 Rankings Update: Class of 2019 - Nov 8, 2017
- PBR Podcast: Jupiter - Oct 26, 2017
- Jupiter 2017 Day 3 Notebook - Oct 22, 2017
- The Hotlist: 2019s On The Rise - Nov 30, 2016
- 2019 Rankings Update: Top 10 in 2019 (#6-10) - Nov 18, 2016
- 2019 Rankings Update: Top Newcomers - Nov 16, 2016
- New York State Games Preview: Downstate Region - Jun 21, 2016
|2019 Holiday Showcase||PA||12/28||Keystone State Baseball Academy|
|Super 60 Pro Showcase||NATIONAL||02/02||The MAX - McCook, IL|
|2020 Preseason All-State - Southeast Session 1||PA||02/15||Keystone State Baseball Academy|
|2020 Preseason All-State - Southeast Session 2||PA||02/16||Keystone State Baseball Academy|
|2020 Preseason All-State - SW/Central||PA||02/22||Iron Horse Sports Complex|
|2020 NJ/NY/PA Committed Player ProCase||PA||02/23||Keystone Baseball Academy|
|2020 Preseason All-State - Western||PA||02/23||Pittsburgh Indoor Sports Arena|
|2020 Preseason All-State - NE/Central||PA||02/29||Liberty Sports Arena|
|2020 Preseason All-State - Northwest||PA||02/29||Erie Premier Sports|
|2020 Preseason Jr PA State Games Trials||PA||03/08||Keystone State Baseball Academy|
- PA On Deck Preview: 2025 SS/RHP Peyton Vancas (Bellefonte) 12/05/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2025 3B/RHP Vincent Campoli (Fairview) 12/04/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2026 RHP/OF Keller Bradley (Pennsbury) 11/30/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2026 RHP Ryan Schoppy (Susquenita) 11/29/23
- PA PA 2025 Rankings Update 11/29/23
- PA Uncommitted Spotlight: 2024 OF Tucker Teats (Selinsgrove) 11/28/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2025 MIF Jager Nailor (Mechanicsburg Area) 11/28/23
- PA On Deck Preview: 2026 RHP/3B Lanson Orndorf (Frankfort, WV) 11/24/23
- PA PA 2024 Rankings Update 11/15/23
- PA Tools of the Trade: Class of 2025 Arm Strength 11/10/23