Updated Class of 2024 Player Rankings (September)
September 30, 2021
Updated Class of 2024 Player Rankings (September)
2021 has given us a little bit more normalcy in life, and the high school baseball scene is no different. We crowned four state champions during the spring and enjoyed a full summer of summer ball with tournaments and showcases throughout the state. We have searched far and wide throughout the state to find the best prospects we can, to help them get to college and to help colleges find prospects that fit their culture.
Many names came off the board to some of the top programs around the nation, many new names came to the forefront of the recruiting scene, and many prospects improved their game.
That being said, we have had the pleasure of seeing a number of solid players this past year. Prospects are popping up left and right, making velocity jumps, improving 60-yard dash times and showing more power with the bat.
Below we will take a look at “The Newcomers", "The Risers”, and some of the top prospects "On The Cusp".
To view the Positional Breakdowns, please click below:
To view the Uncommitted Class of Positional Breakdowns, click below:
To view the 2021 Summer Showcase Statistical Breakdowns, click below:
- Trackman Analytics- Hitting | Fastball | Curveball | Changeup | Slider
Blast Analytics | Speed/Fielding
To view the entire Class of 2024 rankings, please click here.
Kellan Klosterman RHP / Moeller, OH / 2024
Rankings StateRank: 13 / POS: 5
Report: Uncommitted, RHP Kellan Klosterman (Moeller) has one of the highest mound ceilings at the plate. Actions are athletic, arm is loose, and he has endless projection left on that 6-foot-1 frame. Ball comes out easy and he already generates fastball velocities in the mid 80s with above average secondaries. As he continues to progress physically the velocity should follow. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he ends up being one of the top arms in the Cincinnati area by the time he graduates.
Cooper Wenzlick RHP / SS / Wayne Trace, OH / 2024
Rankings StateRank: 19 / POS: 6
Report: Two-way prospect, Cooper Wenzlick (Wayne Trace) put on a show at this year’s Buckeye Elite showcase and has produced in game each time we’ve seen him since. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound prospect has a chance to be a power guy on both sides of the ball. Fastball will peak at 86mph and he is a consistent extra base threat in the box. High follow with a bright future.
Jon Wylie SS / RHP / Ironton, OH / 2024
Rankings StateRank: 20 / POS: 4
Report: Jon Wylie, SS/RHP (Ironton) may be slightly under the radar currently but we think he is one of our “picks to click” in 2022. A 6-foot-2, 175-pound prospect who is a two-sport standout over at Ironton, doubling as a skill guy in football as well. A two-way prospect in baseball that has a live arm. We’ve up to 86mph, and there are reports of him up to 89mph. A name that could be higher on this list if we’ve had more viewing. Playing for that loaded Cincy Flames team this summer.
Hayden Blosser SS / RHP / Avon Lake, OH / 2024
Rankings StateRank: 21 / POS: 5
Report: Uncommitted, RHP Hayden Blosser (Avon Lake) is another name to get to know/a guy that we think could breakout in 2022. All the physical signs scream that he has more velocity in there and this is a guy who has already been up to 86mph. Good athlete, super loose arm and a frame that’s relatively untouched. Also spins a breaking ball that has shown potential to be plus, tossed as high as 2600rpms.
Alex Koelling SS / OF / Mason, OH / 2024
Rankings StateRank: 28 / POS: 8
Report: College coaches love left-handed hitting infielders and Alex Koelling (Mason) looks like he’s going to be one of the better ones in this class. Moves very well in the infield with good hands, athletic actions and the ability to make plays in rhythm and off script. At the plate swing works and he’s produced each time we’ve seen him. Talented ball player.
Brayden Krenzel RHP / OF / Dublin Jerome, OH / 2024
Report: Uncommitted Brayden Krenzel (Dublin Jerome) was already in the top 25 but after an impressive spring/summer he vaulted up into the top 10. Leaves little to be desired physically with a 6-foot-2 frame, fastball up to 90mph, and feel for two above average secondary offerings. After a strong performance for Team Ohio at the Future Games the young right-hander is now getting attention from power 5 schools across the country.
Ryder Kirtley SS / 2B / Troy, OH / 2024
Report: Speaking of elite defenders, Virginia Tech commit Ryder Kirtley (Troy) is another prospect who made a jump into the top 10. True shortstops are one of the hardest types of prospects to find but Kirtley looks to have all the tools. Impressive athlete with elite lateral mobility that allows him to cover a ton of ground at the position. Ball skills are advanced and he can make plays in/out of his funnel with ease. At the plate he has a top of the lineup skill set presently with sneaky juice, showing 97mph jump off the barrel for Team Ohio at the Future Games.
Parker McDaniels C / RHP / Olentangy Berlin, OH / 2024
Rankings StateRank: 16 / POS: 2
Report: Another uncommitted prospect who made a jump in the ranking after a strong spring/summer is C Parker McDaniels out of Olentangy Berlin. A well-rounded skillset that starts behind the dish where he is one of the top defenders in the class regardless of position. Also shows quality bat to ball skills with a middle of the lineup ceiling. Talented ball player who we believe has a D1 future.
On The Cusp
- Ascher Dent, LHP/1B, Olentangy Berlin- L/L prospect with smooth actions in the box, upper 80s jump off the barrel and has been up to 82mph on the mound. Expect both tools to only progress. High follow.
- Anthony Sulek, MIF, Mason- Very good player who was a standout performer at our Miami Prospect Games. Table setter bat with quick hands and feel for contact but what stands out most about him so far is his ability to defend. Can flack out pick it up the middle of the infield with advanced hands and fast feet.
- Mason Myers, UTL, St. Clairsville- A guy who dominated at our Miami Prospect Games, turning in a four hit day. Athletic lefty with feel for the barrel and the ability to work line to line. Also projects to be a well above average runner at the next level.
- Kyle Koch, OF, Lebanon- A lot to like here. Good athlete with arm talent and a skill set that plays multiple roles offensively. Expect him to continue to progress/improve stock as he fills out that athletic 6-foot-2 frame.
- Aeden Visconti, RHP, Mason- 6-foot-4, long levered mound prospect that should see his name on this list as he continues to progress. Endless projection left on frame and it’s just a matter of time before he sees that velocity tick up.
- Derek Lyons, C, Lima Shawnee- Physical, athletic dude that can really swing it. Bat plays on this list right now. Limited viewing behind the dish but as the rest of his game progresses so will stock.
- Brett Madison, UTL, Pickerington North- Talented, well-rounded player that can do a lot of things well on the baseball field. Versatile defender who can swing it and has reports of him running it up into the mid 80s.
- Luke Reasor, LHP, Brecksville Broadview Heights- Athletic southpaw with a loose arm and quality secondary. Will pitch in the upper 70s but expect that radar gun to look much different down the road as he is adds strength to that 6-foot-2 body.
- Regan Rogers, C, Cambridge- Very high follow at the catcher position. Good athlete, with feel to receive, with quick feet both in throwing situations and moving laterally to block. Hit tool looks the part as well. Good looking player.
- Cody Miller, OF, North Royalton- Fast twitch athlete with quick hands through the zone and already impressive 6.8 speed. Moves well in the outfield/as arm progresses could be a guy that plays all three spots.
- Preston Barr, OF, Miamisburg- Another talented player from the Cincy Flames org. Utility guy that does a bit of everything. Above average runner, quality defender and the type of bat that can play multiple roles. Also has ran it up to 83mph on the mound.
- Charlie Whitacre, LHP, Gahanna Lincoln- Projectable southpaw to keep an eye on. Long, levered frame with potential for much more physical projection. We’ve seen him in the upper 70s and there are reports of him climbing into the low 80s.
- Jimmy Cerha, RHP, NDCL- 6-foot-3, physical dude with a big engine on both sides of the ball. Likely projects better on the mound presently where we’ve seen him up to 84mph with a solid breaking ball. Also worth noting he’s capable of generating mid 90s jump off the bat as well.
- Andrew Holland, LHP, Elmwood- Projectable southpaw with a fastball into the low-80s. Big breaking 12/6 to compliment.
- Vinny Gallaher, RHP/INF, Clay- 5-foot-9, 145 pound two-way prospect. Fastball up to 81 mph to go along with a good looking left-handed swing.
- Jayden Seiler, RHP/SS, Archbold- 6-foot-1, 150-pound two-way prospect who contributed in a big way for a state runner up this past spring.
- Ty O'Brien, C, Otsego- 5-foot-11, 175-pound catching prospect with a loud bat. Also can handle a pitching staff, as he was the varsity catcher for a team with a D1 arm.
- Matthew Hubbard, RHP, Perrysburg- 6-foot-1, 190-pound righty that has a chance to at the top of the rotation for one of the top programs in the state.
TOP UNCOMMITTED PROSPECTS BY POSITION
Below we look to name the top 5 prospects in specific categories based on primary position in profile for the 2024 class rankings. Beyond this group, there are numerous prospects that can help a collegiate program in some capacity.
+ Top Second Basemen Prospects: Logan Fyffe
PBR OHIO CLASS OF 2024 TOP 10
|1||Drew Graham||OH||Avon Lake||2024||LHP|
|3||Noah LaFine||OH||Archbishop Hoban||2024||RHP||Vanderbilt|
|5||Grant Wilson||OH||St. Edward||2024||SS|
|6||Brayden Krenzel||OH||Dublin Jerome||2024||RHP|
|7||Carson Rhodes||OH||Salem||2024||RHP||Virginia Tech|
|8||Ryder Kirtley||OH||Troy||2024||SS||Virginia Tech|
|9||Parker Corbin||OH||Cincinnati Country Day||2024||SS||Ohio State|
|10||Sawyer Solitaria||OH||St. Ignatius||2024||3B|
***** To view the entire rankings, please click here.
- OH Scott Excited About Brotherhood Ahead At Maine 11/28/23
- OH Knupp Finds A Lot To Like About Eastern Michigan 11/28/23
- OH Decision To Focus On Pitching Proves Beneficial For Milligan 11/28/23
- OH Sudbrook Thrilled To Join His Brother At Toledo 11/28/23
- OH Hagen Excited About ‘Unique Experience’ Ahead At West Virginia’ 11/20/23
- OH Results From 2023 Ohio Unsigned Senior Showcase (Charity Event) 11/20/23
- OH Tarnowski Ready To Make An Impact At Central Michigan 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 1 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 2 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23
- OH Signing Period - Division 3 Recruiting Class Breakdown 11/15/23